Anyone KNOW what happened to my Application FOLDER on iPhone? (Cyberduck), LOOKS like

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hiimamac, Sep 15, 2009.

1. hiimamac macrumors 6502a

hiimamac

It went from a nice app name folders to random numbers, folders that look like a WINDOWS serial.

Anyone know what I mean?

When you cyber duck into your iphone and then app's folder, it would give you the PROGRAM names, now it looks like this..

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/picture6ca.png/

[​IMG]

[img=http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4673/picture6ca.th.png]

Any ideas? I ask as I want to know where hidden files are placed, example, there is a crac ked Easy Sleep program that I want to try, if it works, I will buy it, but the version cracked is older and even though I deleted anything I could find, from this program, it somehow is seeing something hidden on the file - am also concerned about the why the Application folder went from Application names to random numbers that looks likes windows registry.

2. hiimamac thread starter macrumors 6502a

hiimamac

And as always, thank you fam...

3. mstier09 macrumors regular

This is what the AppStore purchased apps always looked like. You might be comparing them to how they look in the /Applications directory rather than the /private/var/mobile/Applications. Only Cydia downloaded and Stock apps usually have nice names on their folders and are in the aforementioned /Applications. Everything you get from apple has those crazy random tags that iTunes gives them when you sync your device (or something along those lines). Unfortunately there is no easy way to find an app in that list besides going through each one.

Good luck searching.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Quite right. Big difference with App Store apps folder name and Cydia downloads.

5. hail12 macrumors newbie