Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Not usually.... not for a while on the newest phone or watch releases. The cases are only $35 though... so you save there!

Even back when discover had their 5% cash back when you went through their site... it never counted on the newest phones and watches.

bradley8795

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Ya the watches are 10% off, so I would assume the phones will be as well. But I can't even pull up the titanium watch on the veterans site. Or the Apple Watch Studio for that matter. So it may be that the high end stuff won't get the discount right away. If ever.

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Ya the watches are 10% off, so I would assume the phones will be as well. But I can't even pull up the titanium watch on the veterans site. Or the Apple Watch Studio for that matter. So it may be that the high end stuff won't get the discount right away. If ever.

I know, I was really hoping to get the ceramic Edition with the military discount but I ended up getting a "this page can't be found" error instead. :(

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Military discount is active on phones now. I called to ask about getting the $70 credited back and was told no. Only way is to cancel and reorder, and I don’t really want to wait 10-14 days longer for the phone. :(

rhaezorblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
Military discount is active on phones now. I called to ask about getting the $70 credited back and was told no. Only way is to cancel and reorder, and I don’t really want to wait 10-14 days longer for the phone. :(
Launch day will have stock and you can do in-store pickup, if history is any guide. They seem to allocate a certain percentage to Online orders, and the rest is for brick and mortor stores. They want people to be able to stand in line and get phones, the more people do that, the more press coverage there is and the more buzz. They also get shipments on a daily basis of phones. Preordering actually is not that big of a thing anymore, depending on if you have an Apple store close by.

Reactions: jenjen80

maj71303

macrumors regular
May 13, 2014
Maryland
Preorder and a couple days after nope. But now it is open for business but shipping times are pushed back. Also this only applies to sim free / unlocked phones, select a carrier version and the discount disappears.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Launch day will have stock and you can do in-store pickup, if history is any guide. They seem to allocate a certain percentage to Online orders, and the rest is for brick and mortor stores. They want people to be able to stand in line and get phones, the more people do that, the more press coverage there is and the more buzz. They also get shipments on a daily basis of phones. Preordering actually is not that big of a thing anymore, depending on if you have an Apple store close by.

Thanks for the info! This is my first year preordering directly from Apple. I bought from Verizon in the past because we were on a plan that gave a $25 discount per line for doing their device payment plan. We switched though so no reason to buy through them and pay their bs upgrade fees!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.