Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sillyrabbitt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Hi All

It keeps happening where some icons become non responsive on one of my home screens. Not the main one usually the third one. The icons will not do anything when touched the only remedy i find is to restart the ipad2. any other way to get them to work? or why does this happen?

thanks

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Does it happen in both landscape and vertical to the same exact app, or does it happen to any app in that same same spot on the screen?

If it only happens to specific apps, delete and reinstall those apps (backup your data first). If it happens on a specific area of the screen with any app, you might have a faulty screen.

XXFirefighter

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
Does it happen in both landscape and vertical to the same exact app, or does it happen to any app in that same same spot on the screen?

If it only happens to specific apps, delete and reinstall those apps (backup your data first). If it happens on a specific area of the screen with any app, you might have a faulty screen.

He said it doesn't happen on main screen, usually on the 3rd screen. So not a faulty screen issue.

to the OP, have you called apple?

sillyrabbitt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009

THANKS for the very great questions. I am not sure. I think it was happening in vertical at the same spot different apps. Again the restart cured it! But I will try to confirm by seeing if and when it happens again and report back.

I thought maybe something was getting jammed up in the memory but not sure.

thanks

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
He said it doesn't happen on main screen, usually on the 3rd screen. So not a faulty screen issue.

to the OP, have you called apple?

How do you know how many apps he has on each screen? He could have 3 rows on the first screen, three on the second, and 4 on the 3rd screen, and the app or spot he is having issues with could be in the fourth row. But thanks for playing.

XXFirefighter

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
How do you know how many apps he has on each screen? He could have 3 rows on the first screen, three on the second, and 4 on the 3rd screen, and the app or spot he is having issues with could be in the fourth row. But thanks for playing.

Does it really matter how many are on each screen?
It works sometimes.
Let's keep playing.
Maybe he needs to call Apple... If he can.

sillyrabbitt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I will keep an eye on it as its working now but the next time it happens I will make sure I see what screen, landscape etc...

thanks!!

pauliphone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
London, UK
This has happened twice to me this week with safari (on the dock), it's almost like the icon doesn't exist and is just part of the wallpaper as touching it does nothing, doesn't even highlight..
Tried rotating into landscape and still wouldn't work, had to reset both times.
Obviously a bug somewhere, hopefully an update will solve this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.