Anyone lose VolLTE after upgrading to 8.0.1 and then backtracking to 8.0?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mbhforum, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I upgraded to 8.0.1 and then backtracked to 8.0. Since then, my VolLTE setting isn't working. I got a message saying it was disabled by my carrier and I can't turn it back on (Under Settings-Cellular-LTE-Voice & Data). I had it enabled in the morning and it was working and now it's not since the upgrade/downgrade. I am with Verizon. Since it's a business account, I cannot directly call Verizon and add features, so figured I would see if anyone else was having issues.

2. zer06ame, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

zer06ame macrumors member

Yep. I'm unable to enable VoLTE on my VZW iPhone 6 after upgrading to 8.0.1 then reverting back to 8.0.0.

To top this all off, I can't even create backups with iTunes (11.4) because it continuously crashes every time it tries to sync apps. This went from being enjoyable to a PIA real fast. Get your **** together, Apple.

3. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ouch. I wonder if Verizon needs to fix this setting or Apple. I was so happy because I just got VolLTE working after 5 days of trying and 3 hours later it's now broken because of this. iCloud Backups worked for me. I hate iTunes, although it does save us sometimes like today. :mad:

4. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

I bet 8.0.1 had a radio update and when restoring back to 8.0.0 the radio from .0.1 remained the same. Then again, if that was the case, I would think you would still be w/out connectivity b/c I bet they updated the radio in .0.1.......what a clusterf*** this is :mad::(

5. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

That makes a lot of sense. I am sure the development team will be working throughout the night to fix this. They have done a terrible job of PR'ing this as there is nothing even on their site about this yet.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

can you log into your MyVerizon account on a computer and make sure the "add on" is still under your account? it was added on automatically once you activated your new device, but maybe got deactivated. its called Advanced Calling 1.0. make sure its still on your account.

7. mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, it's a business account and I need a third party to check with Verizon. I might actually call them later on. I opened up a ticket with Apple but they sound like they are bleeding now. They said "If Verizon says its enabled, it should be fixed in the next update". I told Apple I am not too happy right now and this has caused me major grief. They fluffed it and I told them I want a call back (I did this all online).

8. mbhforum, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

mbhforum thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone lose VolLTE after upgrading to 8.0.1 and then backtracking to 8.0?

It's fixed. Apparently when we backtracked it turned the feature off on Verizon's network. Strange...I had to call verizon and it showed that the feature wasn't enabled. How can iOS turn off feature on a verizon account?

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i think there is carrier provisioning data/info sent to the network when your device authenticates or activates. this couldve confused the system and booted the option off the account. the service is in its infancy so its not perfect yet.