Anyone mad at Apple for putting out an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I am very mad and frustrated with them for releasing this phone. It's just way too thin and too light. The 4" screen is awful and looks bad. The colors however, look great. The Wifi issues are really annoying and because I couldn't get Wifi to connect AT&T throttled me.

For some reason, this screen seems far less responsive, especially typing on the keyboard. Some times the screen isn't responsive at all. Keep in mind, I've done many factory resets and reset the network connections.

My data just likes to go away for 5 minutes and sometimes not come back, or come back as EDGE when the 4G tower is in site. The new "lightning" connector is not any faster, so why change it from the 30 pin? Who cares if it was 8 year old technology. It felt much more secured in place and I liked that.

I will be going back to the 4S. I'm not happy about that, as I pre-ordered the iPhone 5 and was looking so forward to it. I'm mad at Apple for releasing this phone because I really wanted LTE. LTE is amazing, when it works.

The 4S should have had LTE, PERIOD. This does not feel like an Apple product at all. The two tones back is ugly, and damn all you people for dropping your 4, because that's why Apple ditched the glass back. The glass back was awesome. It also looked a lot better. The 4" screen is the biggest disappointment. A 4.3" would have been ideal. Like the Galaxy S II, that was perfect. I have average hands and it felt just right.

Ok, rant over. Keep in mind this is completely my opinion and subjective to me. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

2. skippymac macrumors 6502a

skippymac

3. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Because one can't comment how bad or good it is without actually owning it.

4. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

5. skippymac macrumors 6502a

skippymac

6. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

I don't see how the screen looks bad... Honestly it's the best iPhone to date. Perfect size, beautiful screen, LTE, faster than my 4S....

But you should probably just cancel your pre-order and get a S3..

7. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

I am mad that they let 8 yearolds put together phones and ship them with scratches on the screen and almost no quality control

8. monkey186 macrumors member

I don't like it either (and i didn't buy it;)) For me it looks disproportional - lanky iphone, nah. I doubt this design will stick.

9. TEHi macrumors regular

You should be mad at yourself for buying something that you knew in first hand how it would work.

10. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

11. Jeephemi57 macrumors newbie

I'm sure alot of the software bugs will be fixed in a month or two with a new iOS update.

As far as the mechanical problems, within a month im sure they will have tons of replacements in stock to swap them out with customer's filing complaints.

Obviously the most significant mechanical problems will be on the top of the list, but scratches will be on bottom i'm sure. Unfortunately. This is just my opinion obviously not factual.

12. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Screen looks really bad? No.

No Wifi issues here. If you're having them, I would suggest restoring your phone from a clean wipe and if that fails get your free replacement.

AT&T throttling isn't Apple's fault

This has nothing to do with resetting the network. Maybe you just got a bad device? It does happen ... but in-cell technology has seemingly better response to touch.

Sounds like you are having network problems. That's not the fault of Apple. Complain to AT&T.

You know NOTHING about Lightning, period. Do your research, there are reasons, which have been reverse-engineer discovered by third party websites. It's smaller, is now digital, has dynamic pin functionality, ect.

I haven't had an issue with LTE, it's very fast and reliable on my carrier. Sounds like most of your complaints arise from not wanting the iPhone to change, and from AT&T's reliability.

Well, it didn't. And in case you didn't notice, no cell phone that was released with LTE around the time frame the 4S was released, had any sort of decent battery life. LTE rollout was much weaker a year ago too. Now is the time for LTE to take off, and IMO, Apple made the right choice by waiting for more coverage and more efficient chipsets.

I love the screen, and this is coming from someone who used a GS II for weeks.

While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, a lot of what you said is either not true, or seems limited to your carrier's reliability.

That said, go back to your 4S or GS 2. No sense in wasting several hundred dollars on a device that doesn't meet your needs.

13. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Good that Apple gives you a month to return it.

14. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

but one can return it for a full refund

15. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

16. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Yea, not restocking fee if bought from Apple.

17. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

amen, i was trying to see how sensitive my screen is, and no joke i can barely touch it to the point were i dont even fell my finger on the screen, and it will work.

its crazy how responsive it is.

18. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Maybe Apple should have consulted you before they designed the new iPhone. I personally have none of the problems that anyone here keeps talking about over and over. I think it's the best design so far. If you don't like the phone then get rid of it and get something you think will satisfy your needs. There are thicker, heavier, and even plastic phones out there. I would suggest looking into a Jitterbug. They seem to have some pretty good reviews and they are very durable.

19. darngooddesign macrumors G3

20. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

you can get them to waive the restocking fee if its before 14 days.

just ask nicely

21. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

This Phone is just great , I was not a fan when they first announced it, because i was holding out for a bigger screen, but when I saw the Phone in person I changed my mind, the phone is beautiful:D , the screen is great not a huge phone like the GS3, fits just right, very fast, and light, people dont want to carry heavy phones around and may I add it is thinner and boots in no time
    I'm satisfied that's why I switched from my 4 to the 5 today :apple:

22. tigerfan41 macrumors regular

They aren't going to go back to the 3.5" screen. More likely is for them to make it a little wider. Even then, enough people are happy with the new design that it probably will stick. I get that some people are unhappy with it, but if you really dislike it that much, just don't buy the phone.

I'm glad the glass back was ditched. It made the phone way too breakable. I'm glad they made the phone taller and lighter. Makes it easier to read emails, play games, watch movies etc. on the phone. I don't care much for the two-tone in black, but it looks fabulous up close on the white model (i.e. like a MacBook). Oh and the maps app everyone is whining about? I haven't had a single issue with it and have found it to be better than the Google app that was stock on all other versions of iOS. And for those times where I need something better (like ability to really customize routes), I use MapQuest. Not hard to find a solution if you open your eyes and just look.

I own a GS2 myself. The screen on the 5 is leaps and bounds ahead of the GS2 screen. More importantly, it's less breakable than the GS2 screen. I don't see that much more on the GS2 screen as opposed to the 5, so the 4.3 vs. 4 inch display thing isn't a big deal.

About the only thing I'm mad at Apple for is not doing a good enough job with QC. It sounds like you may have gotten a defective iPhone.

23. Smtevo macrumors 6502

Too thin and too light? Wtf LOL

24. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Just thought I'd add that mine if flawless and I love it.

25. darster Suspended

I'm furious too! How dare Apple put out another phone. How dare they make it LTE. How dare they make the screen bigger. How dare they change the dock connector to something more modern. Oooooooh. This makes me furious! :mad: