Anyone manage to get by with non-tempered glass protectors for the 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ukting, Feb 14, 2016.

1. ukting macrumors newbie

I've got a few Belkin F8W526BT3 protectors from a friend. They have a nice setup/dust removal kit included. My 6S is out of the box with the manufacturer plastic so i dont think I'd need that.

Does anyone use the regular protectors and not the tempered glass ones? Obviously I'm not certain if I'll ever drop the phone but I want to remove my manufacturer plastic seal asap.

cheers

2. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Use that for now but I would get a tempered glass protector.

3. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I dislike the tempered glass on my 6s. I've not found one that I don't think is too thick. And it felt like the home button was down a giant hole. Can't use a sticker like I can on my iPod because of Touch ID.

I have a plastic one on my 6s and have no problems at all.

If I could a super thin glass one that actually covered the whole screen then I'd give it a go. But as it is I'll stick with plastic.

4. rzc16512 macrumors regular

They actually do make stickers that supposedly work with Touch ID but I haven't actually tried one.

5. prss14 macrumors regular

prss14

I have never used the tempered glass on any of my iPhones. Actually went 2 years without anything on my 4S and no scratches. I put one of the Spigen protectors on our 6S+ 3 for $10. I know there is always that chance, but I have dropped my phones before and never had a problem.

6. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 65816

Cutiekitty92

Used tempered glass protectors for some time but then it annoyed me that my screen got crap trapped under it and I couldn't seem to get it out so I just used a crappy free one that came with my case and it works just fine :) maybe I'll get a tempered again once I get a new iPhone