Anyone notice different feel of new iPhone 4 bumpers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by reebs, Oct 10, 2010.

1. reebs macrumors 6502

reebs

Bought a pink bumper at my local apple store today and noticed it has a different feel to the black bumper I got in the free case program and the white bumper I bought at iPhone 4 launch. The pink one feels much stiffer around the edges and less grippy. Wondered if they changed from original ones? Anyone else notice this? Wonder if this stiffer material will resist picking up color. It also seems like it's a tighter fit compared to my white one which had so much give.

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

The different colors of rubber have different feels. My white one feels like what you're describing too. I'm pretty sure all you're noticing is a difference in materials.

3. reebs thread starter macrumors 6502

reebs

Really? They use a different material for the black one? The outer more flimsy material is not as rubbery as my black and white one. It is harder and less grippy. So all the colored bumpers are like this but the black is different?:confused:

4. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

I got a white one off ebay today, first thing I noticed is the rubber border around the harder plastic is yellow looking, almost like it would glow in the dark, next thing I noticed was the buttons arent quite as well made and dont look like the brushed stainless steel like my black bumper, they are more shiny and a bit smaller and stick out more, definatly different

Is my white bumper a real apple product, it came in the apple bumper packaging, I paid £11 for it too

5. chanerz macrumors 6502a

Apple black bumper has the only rubbery feel.

6. peteisanidiot macrumors regular

you have a 3rd shift knock off. the buttons are the giveaway.