Anyone notice that iBook is slow or choppy on the new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seasurfer, Mar 17, 2012.

1. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

I realized that switching between different "folders" in iBook is slower than my old iPad 2.

I also noticed that sometime it feels choppy, am I the only one?

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I have probably 50-75 books loaded on there and I noticed that the first time I scrolled down, it was a tad choppy. It had to load a LOT of book cover art.

The second time I launched it and flipped through, it was much smoother - I'm thinking it might've just been the first time loading 50-75 book covers.

Folder switching also seemed slower until all the covers loaded and now it's a bit snappier.

3. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

It's slightly choppy but it still seems to perform better than the Kindle app and Zinio.

4. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I haven't had this problem. The apps I've used have been pretty smooth.

5. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

6. scriptlol macrumors member

Yes, its slower than I would like but its not a big deal. The one thing that IS a big deal, though, is going from portrait to landscape while a book is open. That takes a full 6 seconds on my iPad. Thus, if I am reading, and accidentally tip the ipad too far to the side (I read in bed a lot so there is a lot of adjusting, and this happens), its 12 seconds before I am back in my preferred orientation.

7. haveaniceday91 macrumors member

new iPad owner, it's really, really slow on my device. I only have two books on my device and it's a good 10 seconds before the books appear on the bookshelf. I left a negative review and am hoping that it's fixed in the latest update.

8. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed this problem at all in iBooks.

9. seasurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow, sound serious. I tested it, I don't have this problem. May be you want to talk to Apple about it.

----------

Do you have an old iPad 2 to compare?

Changing between folders in the iPad 2 is fast, but in the new iPad is a little slow.

10. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Don't have this problem at all. Have over 20 books loaded.

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

12. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

13. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I have over 300 books loaded into my iPad and initially it did seem to be a little slow in finding and opening any book that I was looking for.

Today it seems to be back to normal and is much faster than the iPad 2 version of iBooks was.