Anyone noticed about the iPhone 4S? I have about 3 iPhone 4S bought at different time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by the hippie, Dec 18, 2011.

1. the hippie macrumors member

Anyone noticed about the iPhone 4S? I have about 3 iPhone 4S [2 for me and my wife and 1 is the replacement] got at different times & at different stores [bestbuy, Apple Store, AT&T] & all of them have very inaccurate time watch or stopwatch? Sometimes it jumps a minute that happens anywhere between 45 minutes or 2 minutes or sometimes it goes back one minute too. Apple gave me a new iPhone 4S but still very inaccurate. I have iPhone 3G and 3GS for years & i never have any problems. I use stopwatch a lot because i use it for my running. I can get stopwatch app but still i should not be having any problems with a simple stopwatch from an advanced smartphone. Even the Apple store advisers & genius bar don't know why that is. But sometimes though, the time doesn't jump at all even for 45 hours so i don't know. Even Apple said they haven't encountered any problem or any complains regarding the stopwatch of the iPhone 4S.

----------

I installed a free app stopwatch as a result. I'm just curious if there are any others who experienced the same or how to resolve it. I went to genius bar acouple of times to restore, back up sync, etc etc and also the Apple advisor on the phone could never help why it happened.

----------

I installed a free app stopwatch as a result. I'm just curious if there are any others who experienced the same or how to resolve it. I went to genius bar acouple of times to restore, back up sync, etc etc and also the Apple advisor on the phone could never help why it happened.

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I just used the timer function the other day when my wife left me to fend for myself and I had to make a DiGorno pizza in the oven while entertaining my 10-month-old daughter.

My conclusion: DiGorno must be Italian for "Burns roof of mouth ha ha ha" cause that damn thing is ALWAYS on fire... even if you let it cool for like 20 minutes.

Hope this helps a bit...

3. bgtrack macrumors regular

bgtrack

4. the hippie thread starter macrumors member

I run the treadmill almost everyday but because i have to take rests in between but wants the stopwatch to continue counting, what better stopwatch to have aside from the brand new iphone 4S right?

NOw, i turn on the treadmill timer and the iphone's stopwatch and start running. After a few minutes, the iphone stopwatch start jumping ahead at one minute LOL. It happens 90 percent of the time LOL.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

honestly kidding about the post above... couldn't resist a joke.

I won't be using a timer much (if at all) but maybe this spring when I start hitting the trail again I will use it to time myself... I'll keep an eye out for this. Odd... very odd...

6. the hippie thread starter macrumors member

We exert so much effort to run and all the while the timer is inaccurate LOL. I'll rather eat junkfood and get fat and keeping the bed warm.

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Amen. Spring is time to hit the trail. I don't run cause I suck at it... I rollerblade... I know, I know, but I'm happily married with child so... no homo. It worked for me -- lost 35lbs on that trail. Winter is time for microbrews and good food.

I'll see if my phone will keep accurate time this spring!

8. DroidRules, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

DroidRules macrumors 65816

I often make life changing decisions like to stop working out because the stopwatch on my phone isn't working. As a matter of fact the other day the timer I was using to time my lunch break stopped working so I quite my job. I know how tough these things can be! :rolleyes:

Sorry but no, I have better things to do with my life than compare clocks on my 4s's. So I didn't notice this. IF it's an issue for you take your phone in for a replacement.

9. the hippie thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i already did, same problem.

10. JustLeft macrumors 6502

Try the app Runkeeper. It's free. Been using in on a 4S without incident. Use it on average of 3 times a week.