anyone own the New Jabra Halo BT headset yet? they look slick.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lemonademaker, Aug 29, 2009.

1. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    well i kind of went into the local Best Buy (impulse purchase) to buy a set of Moto s9HD's and I saw a new headset by Jabra called the Halo so i came home to investigate them online......

anyone get there hands on a set yet? how do they work? they don't look to "sweat" proof....

not much online except that it looks like just Best Buy has the "wrights" to sell them for the fist couple weeks.....

here is a link to the Jabra site for the halo:
    http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/na-us/Headsets/Pages/Jabrahalo.aspx

2. lemonademaker thread starter macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    just a bump in case anyone has purchased the headset in the last couple of weeks....

3. rkocher13 macrumors newbie

I have them and am very pleased with a few exceptions.

Sound is better than the moto s9-hd.

Connection stays way better than moto s9-hd. Walking streets of Chicago, I occasionally get a drop out. It is regular at a few intersections (likely a large influx of radio waves, etc.).

Volume works, but minimum volume is quite loud.

Calls work, but no voice control access. Upgraded to 3.1 but still do not have voice control access. You can double click to call the last outgoing number.

Pause/Play works, but sometimes a 2 second delay.

Definitely pleased, just wish Apple would implement full control. Track skipping doesn't work, but it doesn't work on any bluetooth headset at this point.

4. rkocher13 macrumors newbie

I use them for walking and on the train. I wouldn't recommend them for working out as the inside is covered in fabric that would not react well to sweat.

I have had many comments on them as people are always shocked they are bluetooth headphones.

Sound delay is extremely minimal when watching video. If you start to watch a video and notice the audio is greatly delayed, do the following...

Pause video
    Change output to iPhone speaker
    Change output back to Jabra Halo
    Start video again

This always addresses the time delay and allows me to watch video with them. If you pause the video for too long, you may need to repeat the same process or if you start a new video. The headphones go into sleep mode after a few seconds of no streaming.

I also have the Moto S805's. I really like, but are bulky and I look like a worker at the airport when wearing them.