Anyone plan on selling their Iphone 5 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mercennarius, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Mercennarius macrumors member

Wondering how much people think they can sell one for tomorrow?

2. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

I'd be interested in doing this if I could make a couple hundred bucks. I'd have to get like $1,100 for it though so I could buy another one outright and have some profit left over.

3. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I sold 2 32 gig i4's before they were released. I got $900 for one and $950 for the other. So after pay pal fee's and shipping I paid for my 32g 4 (bought 3 on contract during pre-order) and had something like $450 in my pocket. I'll be holding on to the 2 I picked up for tmr, but it's nice to do it when you can.

5. Matt.Simmons macrumors member

Pre-orders are selling for between $1400-$1700 on ebay.

6. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Vultures.

7. tys, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

tys macrumors 6502

Can I just remove the SIM from my new phone and sell the phone without activating or even powering it on?
    Or do I have to activate it first?
    Normally I'd go ahead and activate and then put the new SIM in my old phone, but I don't have a nano SIM adapter.
    I'm on AT&T.
    Re: the "vulture" comment. The subsidy is built into the contract, so after two years, if you don't get a new subsidized phone, you're just giving the carrier free money. I don't want the 5, but my contract is well past 2 years, so I'll take the cash now and get cheap unlocked and jailbreakable 5 when the 5s comes out!

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why call people vultures? I paid for 3 phones and sold 2. Not my fault people want to pay that much for a phone. I didn't force them to pay that price. It set the BIN pirce at $1000 and took best offer. They sent me a "best offer" and I took it. They were happy, I was happy with my free phone and some duckets in my pocket, win win for all.

9. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I am wondering this, too. Would it de-value the iPhone if I opened the box and removed the sim card? I don't want whoever get is to be able to activate it on my account...

10. davefromca macrumors 6502

He's profitting off impatient people, he's not a vulture they're idiots.

11. spinal163 macrumors newbie

I also want to know if I am selling it do I have to open it up and take out my sim?

12. tys macrumors 6502

From what I've found searching the web, the SIM on your subsidized iPhone is already associated with your account, so you don't want to sell it with the SIM.
    What I DON'T know is whether you can just pop the SIM out and sell the phone or if you need to actually activate the phone first.