Anyone planning on buying in store? (No reservations)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockyroad55, Sep 12, 2012.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

2. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Ofcource il be there for a non contract iphone 5.
    If apple sells it non contracted.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

only if I was to miss the first group of pre-orders

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

my time is worth more and I don't get the entire camping out thing unless you are jobless and trying to resell for $$$$$ but best of luck to you as I sleep in to 9am and I am awaken by the Fedex delivery of my 64 Gig Iphone 5

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Trying to decide. Seems like Apple will only ship to the address listed on your AT&T account, and I won't be home on Friday, so I will probably go to the store.

I've been there for all of the recent models, why change now?

6. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Nice sense of self-entitlement! So anyone who waits in line is jobless and a reseller. You must know a lot about the world.

I'm on vacation then, but planned it poorly (or perfectly depending on viewpoint). I was supposed to go out partying with a few friends that Thursday night, but they can't do that until the next day. So what do I do to kill time that night? Wait for the iPhone.

7. articulatefool macrumors regular

He is self-entitled because his time is worth more to him?
    How does that work?

Some of us make a fantastic hourly wage (or salary) and the opportunity cost of waiting in line is just too great to be feasible.

8. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I may not have read his post correctly but it seemed like he said camping out is useless unless you're jobless and have a need to resell. My apologies.

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'm living on the edge. I'm going to walk into my local AT&T store at noon on launch day and expect to walk out with a white 16GB

10. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

That might not turn out so well. AT&T stores usually have less stock then Apple stores, unless that AT&T store near you is in the middle of nowhere.

11. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Living on the edge, amigo.

Besides according to this forum's resident trolls, of which there are many, everyone will be in line getting Galaxy S3's, so I have nothing to worry about.

12. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Haha sweet.

What time do you guys think I should get in line based on experience with the 4S/4? I plan on going to a flagship store in Boston.

13. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Apple store, I love the apple geeks there. They know me by my first name and my dog, it's pathetic lol.

14. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

So what's the deal with pre ordering and picking up in store? I remember doing that for the iPhone 4? Is apple doing that for the 5?

15. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

They know me by first name also, but I always say hi to one apple rep. He knows all my past purchases.

16. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I am debating getting it online or doing like I did for the iPad release. My friend and I went and camped out because we work nights 8pm - 8am and I am off thursday night, so it sounds like a good idea to grab some beer and some chairs. It is just as productive as staying at home and watching TV except I get to meet other Apple fans and have some good conversations.

17. maclook macrumors 65816

Does Best Buy get launch units? I have a gift card so I wanna get mine there. I know they get iPads on launch but I dunno about iPhones.

18. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ugh, see this is my problem. I probably won't be home on Friday, I don't want to ask for the day off just for it (I need the hours), and I'd like to just be able to go by the apple store and buy it.

I liked the reserve one to buy option, I wonder why they stopped it?

I might just chance that they'll have one for me without waiting in line that long. After all I want a 64GB one which I know is not the fastest seller. This time I feel I can wait a few days so maybe I'll drop by a few days later even (They get shipments every day, don't they?)

19. rushluvr macrumors member

This isnt going to be like the 4s launch where you have to be in line at insane times. Its going to sell, but not THAT crazy. The 4s sold like that out of the gate for 2 huge reasons. Steve Jobs had died like a week before, so there was a huge outpouring of emotion from Apple/iphone fans. Like when a singer dies and all of the sudden their albums start selling like crazy. Also, phones like the Galaxy S3, Note, One X etc...werent out a year ago. Competition is MUCH stiffer and a ton of iphone users have switched to Android in the last year. Not to mention the economy and the iphone 5 is a damn expensive phone. Its not going to be anywhere near the circus the last release was. Most people should be able to get one launch day just fine.