Anyone play WOW with settings maxed out on a 17" 2.5Ghz mbp connected to 23" ACD??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Apr 9, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I just want to know how well WOW will run connected to a 23" ACD on a 17" Penryn 2.5ghz mbp with 512mb vram with the settings mostly on set to high?? What kind of fps are you guys getting?

2. Architect4122 macrumors regular

COD4 on my 2.4 C2D 2GB 256MB runs amazing on my 23"ACD

I would only imagine with the improves specs, and I'm guessing WOW is not as graphics intensive as some of the insane 'nade/fire fights [never played WOW, but from looking at it, if its a graphics hog...there is some poor code in there], that WoW should be fine.

3. Relis macrumors newbie

Played wow yesterday via bootcamp (installing on osx now) and it ran maxed out settings 1440x900, it ran pretty well actually, looking at adal i still maintained a good 25ish fps, so I geuss with normal play (instances/grinding etcetc) maxed settings on the higher resolution of the 23" should still be very doable you just might get a lowish (15ish perhaps) fps while looking at adal :p

4. limeybast macrumors newbie

I run WoW on the 30" ACD at 2560x1600 on the MBP (2.5ghz, 512Mb vram penryn). Shattrath frame rate all depends on how many people are running around. During Tempest Keep last night I was getting 25-30fps with just about everything maxed. I don't run both monitors though, just the ACD with the laptop lid shut so the ACD gets all the vid card resources.

On the 23" at the lower resolution it should have no trouble at all.

5. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Koo, thanks guys. I'm thinking about playing WOW again soon and I'll probably play mostly on my mac pro since it'll be the fastest but occasionally if I dont want to be tied down to the desk, I'll play it on the 17" hi res mbp.. I guess since the mbp's screen is still 1920x1200 (same as the acd) but then its only 17" so would it have less stress on it as to hooking it up onto the 23" ACD?