Anyone prefer their 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dlanod, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I'm not a troll but I'm not sure I like the form factor. Using email is now a 2 hand affair to reach the back button as are any apps with controls at the top. It doesn't feel as nice in the hand as the 4S.

And videos alongside the S3 I have are not as smooth. Hmmmm. Slightly disappointing. Might being going back to the mother ship I fear.

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

If the scuff fiasco for the black iPhone 5 is true then %#&! that! :mad:

I'll simply keep my black 4s no problem an avoid the hassle of having a phone that has the coating chip off way too easily.

3. bobright macrumors 601

Ahh the annual on launch day let me try to justify me not being able to afford/or being stuck in a contract with my previous generation iPhone thread:rolleyes:

4. jwoair23 macrumors newbie

I am so sick of reading stupid comments like this today. I legitimately like the iPhone 4S design better as well, and I can assure you it is not a problem of being able to afford the new phone.

I swear everyone has their sarcasm on full blast today.

5. ethana macrumors 6502a

See ya.

E

6. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

That's pretty much everyday here at macrumors now :(

You can see it in almost every thread that some smartass puts in some snide remark in the first few comments to derail a thread.

7. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Nope. I've been playing with it for 2 hrs now and loving it.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ummmm, no. The 5 runs circles around the 4S. Im holding them both now side by side, and there is just no comparison. Thinner, taller, lighter, snappier.

Apple hit a home run on this one. 5 > 4S.

9. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

It's ridiculous, that's all some people do. There is one guy with a cookie on his avatar, and when his on, almost every thread has a smart ass off topic post within the first couple of posts, by him. He's not the only one by all means just he came to mine lol.

It's sad

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I have the same concerns as the OP. I'll be getting the 5 for a family member soon.

11. txflyfish macrumors member

The only thing design wise vs the 4S is that it doesn't feel as substantial. The 4S still feels like a quality chunk. Otherwise the 5 just blows it away in performance whether on benchmarks or real use. I thought that in real life i wouldn't be able to make out that much difference since the 4S is pretty fast..boy was I wrong! Even the wifi is FAST

12. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I definitely miss being JB, but I knew the best time to get the 5 is at release, otherwise my 4s would just get harder and harder to sell until I wouldn't really make much on it.

13. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I can't go back to 4s after using the 5. It is night and day better. Everything is instant from internet speed to even opening up apps.

There is also a different feel to the touch interaction with buttons. The touch screen seems even more precise, maybe due to the touch being built into the glass instead of a layer below it.

14. supervelous macrumors 6502

I certainly prefer it to my Iphone 4...but yes buttons are harder to reach at top of screen, as I am sure they are even tougher on your S3.

I myself will be using the 5 alongside an S3 I purchased on another line, and plan to make an objective decision on which one is best for me, then return the "loser".

15. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

16. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

With the S3, you had to hold it in your fingers instead of your palm to reach the upper left hand corner. You could get used to it, but it was definitely different trying to do email and check notifications.

17. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

I could understand the thought of it. Playing with it since 10am I can say I do like it better. The minor things that make it better. Smooth transaction into something better

18. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

My 15% battery and me using it since 8 says otherwise.

19. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Well, I would only hope that the 5 would be superior to the 4S considering the 5 is the newest iPhone. :confused:

And it's snappier? I'd hope so!