Anyone purchase a 27" iMac w/ yellow tinge from MacMall or other Apple reseller?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by burningrave101, Dec 31, 2009.

1. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

I'm curious what your experience has been with getting a new replacement either from Apple directly or the reseller. I bought mine from MacMall a few weeks ago and it seems to have a bit of the yellowing as well as 20 or so dead/stuck pixels in the isight camera and now I'm thinking about trying for a replacement.

I spoke to an Apple rep earlier today and he is working to see what he can do for me but apparently Apple sales weren't wanting to allow me to just swap for a new one through the normal channel everyone who buys their iMac directly from the Apple Store gets. The rep is going to call me back on Monday and let me know what he can do for me. MacMall will allow me to return and rebuy supposedly but I'm afraid it may mess up my rebates which I had already sent in if it shows the iMac was returned for refund and I'll also possibly lose $70 worth of pending cashback on the purchase.

Anyone else got an exchange through a reseller or Apple for your 2.8Ghz CTO iMac due to the yellowing tint issue?

2. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

My i7 is from MacMall and is fine so far. They are an authorized reseller so you should be able to use all Apple channels including the Apple store if you have issues.