Anyone realises how amazing appstore previews are ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Oct 8, 2014.

1. kalebnate macrumors 6502

Honestly one of the best new features of iOS8 that makes using an iPhone much more efficient and satisfying.

Just went to the appstore looking for some new apps and was choosing them based on the previews. I no longer need to download 15 apps and keep only 3 that were true to the images they advertised. Plus you get to see gameplay or app's functionality to help you decide. It's brilliant !!

This feature is underrated !

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Very cool. I always hated not knowing for sure how an app would work before buying, if there aren't youtube reviews, since there are no real app refunds.

Hopefully this causes all app developers to make their own app previews showing how the app really works so we can make more informed decisions as customers.

Too bad it's limited to only 30 seconds though :(

But hey! Progress is progress...

3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What would be even more amazing, is. If Apple let us preview it on the phone, lets say for games 15 minutes, maybe productivity apps, an hour.

Then you either have to pay or delete the app, as it get locked otherwise.

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Yeah, sure is a nice benefit of getting an Android device that I wish was on the iPhone.

Can't believe how nice it was in the past when you had a full 24-hours to try an app out before deciding to return it or not :eek:

5. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

That'd be a great idea !! But previews is a good start !

6. dilutedq macrumors regular

not sure if I'd consider that amazing.. it's just a video demo...

7. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Agreed, that's what would be amazing. But Apple and developers rake in a ton of money by having people buy several apps before (hopefully) finding the one that works the way they want. I would imagine we'll see it at some point but I bet it's after the government or lawyers get involved.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's okay. It beats searching youtube for a review in some ways.

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Especially the more expensive apps. I don't mind spending €5 on an app. More even. But it can't be a throw a way like a 89c app so I'm less inclined to buy those apps. If I could use it for a bit for I would be willing to spend that kind of money on more apps.