Anyone receiving e-mails to verify Apple info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nhwhazup, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I received a notice saying that my Apple account was frozen and that I had to verify account information including credit card information. I'm alway leery about providing any credit card information to requests.

Has anyone seen this? Is it legit?

Thanks

2. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I've never seen them verify credit card information on the web. For me, it's always been entered/reviewed within the iTunes or App Store apps on my computer or iOS device. Never in a web browser.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1918

4. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Sounds like a Phishing scam. I would check your Apple account through iTunes yourself or call Apple directly. Here is a link on the Apple website describing the problem.

https://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

5. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I did call Apple and they verified that it wasn't them. The e-mail sure looked legit. Thankfully, I didn't give my CC info. The link now goes to a domain look up and not to the link that it did this morning showing my personal data.

Whew - those guys are good, the e-mail, logos, etc looked even better than Apple's e-mails.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

If you check the email address of the sender, it's usually a very fishy address.

I got one about a week ago telling me that an iPad Mini been used to log on to my iCloud account. The email looked very official, but the actual email address didn't.