Anyone recommend an app which allows highlighting of text in a pdf?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by a1dipship, Jul 22, 2007.

1. a1dipship macrumors regular

as the title.

are there any free programs that will allow me to highlight paragraphs, sections etc in a pdf i might have?

i think i have seen shareware but i was wondering whether there is a free or donationware equivalent ?

thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Erm, what exactly do you mean, mate? Preview will let you select (highlight) text in a PDF if you use the right tool. Are you wanting to literally highlight it and make those sections highlighted for the next person who reads the PDF? :)

3. a1dipship thread starter macrumors regular

erm, yes.

i want a highlighter pen type function. i want to be able to highlight the important parts of an article etc so when i come back to a pdf i can go straight to the important reason i pdf'ed the article in the first place.

i hope there is a free app because the one i remember seeing was $50 or something... too much in my opinion for this simple function. anyway, ive spent too much on apps over the years and i probably dont use 75% of them anymore.

4. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

Acrobat Standard has all sorts of markup tools, although obviously it is not free.

5. numlock macrumors 68000

Skim does the trick. Find it easier to use than pdfpen. Now they have added the possibility to export the pdf file with your notes, text markups embedded within the pdf file so all viewers will see them

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/04/02/skim-pdf-reader/

6. a1dipship thread starter macrumors regular

skim : only had a little play so far but it seems perfect. thank you!! :)

7. polycat33 macrumors 6502

I found skim recently and love it. Highly recommended. I probably won't use adobe reader again!