anyone recommend me a good 17" unibody mbp bag to carry around all day?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Aug 23, 2009.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I need a bag (relatively small yet thick and protective) for my 17" uni mbp.

I want a small bag just big enough to carry my 17" and the power adapter but want it to be small. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. adamjackson macrumors 65816

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Yea Im checking out the booqbags but now deciding of I want a backpack style or the luggage style bag.

4. fibrizo macrumors 6502

fibrizo

Why not have both?

http://bbpbags.com/hamptons.html

I have one of the clearance ones with the gaudy colors and no front pockets for my 13 incher. Perfectly protects, it's really easy on the back when I carry it due to the low center of gravity. and the bag is really nice. It's a premium price though. But then again if you can afford at 17inch mbp... this is nothing.

5. adamjackson macrumors 65816

Ya know. on second look, booq bags have really dropped in price. I always thought of them alone the line of Vaja iPod cases but honestly those prices aren't crazy compared to a bag you'd buy from Oakley or Timbuk2.

6. felt. macrumors 6502a

I use a crumpler backpack for my 17" and its been nothing short of fantastic..really well built, super comfortable. I can carry it around all day and barely notice, would have no problems buying it again or recommending their products :)

7. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I just went ahead and ordered the Brenthaven Pro 15-17 bag pack from Amazon.

Its on sale for only for $89.99 on Amazon! Usually its $179.99. :)