Anyone remember how long it took the 4/4S to be in stock in apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBaloney, Sep 15, 2012.

1. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

Didn't get a chance to pre order the iphone 5 so im hoping to get one in a B&M apple store by the end of the month.

Relying on precidents, does anyone remember how long after the initial launch of the iphone 4 or 4s did the stock became abundant enough to just walk in and buy one?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

For the 4S, stores were getting spotty shipments for at least a month after launch. You could check every day after closing to see if you could reserve a phone for pickup the next day. I think it was close to 2 months ebfore they ended that system, and you could just walk in.

3. bearsbears macrumors member

For the 4, I walked into a store the weekend after launch and put my name down. They emailed me a few days later to come pick it up. I still had to wait in line for 3 hours when I got there, but in the end got the iPhone about a week after launch, sooner than some people who preordered.

4. pbrooks macrumors regular

pbrooks

I preordered my iPhone 4s so I received it on launch day. The very next day, I was in a mall with my mother, who was looking to upgrade her phone. We strolled into an AT&T store, waited about 15 minutes for someone to help us, and got her a 32g iPhone 4s. They had plenty in stock. Was this a fluke? Don't know, but maybe you'll get lucky.

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

The 4 was in stores since launch and easy to buy. The stores got priority over online

Apple has stores that cost money to run. They will give those priority over online orders