Anyone returning their iphone 5 and getting something else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Martylaa, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Martylaa macrumors member

Seriously thinking about returning my iphone 5, anyone else?
    Had my iPhone 5 since Friday morning, so far the power charger has packed up and I am getting very annoyed with the space bar issue when typing, seem to be having to go back through as words are always joined up!
    Bit miffed about having to buy more adapters for all my docks for home, car etc etc and also the price of them and lack of availability as well.
    Has anyone else returned their iPhone 5 and picking another phone? If so which one are you going for?

2. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

**** no!

3. TheSandman2236 macrumors 6502

This.

4. Sneakyfox macrumors regular

Sneakyfox

5. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I did. I returned my iPhone 5 yesterday and got another iPhone 5! ;)

6. HishamAkhtar macrumors 6502a

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Return it. Your money. Your decisions. Don't know what you want us to say.

8. Scrub175 macrumors 6502

Scrub175

I'm grabbing my pitchfork and torch. Lets posse up.

9. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Yup. Mine went back Friday. Don't miss it. Piece of junk for £500. Disgraceful. Bits falling off the case. Grrrrr. And just about everything I have is Apple. No PC in this house. 3 Macs, two iPhones. I'll stick with my 4S. Which may be the last of the great iPhones.

10. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I dont aim to return it but regarding the space bar issue, i've had this a few times and words come out wonky? I just assumed it was me being daft, is this a general issue then?

11. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I would. Because people on an Internet forum know what's best for you. I don make any purchase decisions or life decisions until I've visited one of these forums.

Send it back!

12. gcnet22 macrumors newbie

I am...I can't make it past 5 hours on a full charge And having wifi issues at work. I sold my iPhone 4 already too so I can't even go back to that...just bought a used droid razr maxx for 270 bucks without a contract. Phone will be in by Wednesday which luckily Is within the 14 day verizon return policy. Maybe they can get it right next fall with the iPhone 5s...I'll wait till then to burn my upgrade.

13. Joesmith13245, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

Joesmith13245 macrumors regular

I kind of feel the same way. It's an awkward feeling as I have been a loyal iPhone user since the 3G. And since the phone is selling well I'm not sure Apple will get the message. For the first time, I'm actually going to go to Best buy and look at the other options. I doubt I will find a better choice, but the simple fact that it crossed my mind is an indication to me that Apple needs to step it up. Maybe I expect too much.

14. johnny hotsauce macrumors regular

I'm content with my i5 and will be keeping it. I'm a phone whore in general be it iOS, Windows Phone or Android and I go with what meets my personal needs and works best for me with no loyalty to any brand or carrier.

My personal reasons for staying with this phone is size and hardware. Phones are just getting big now a days, rediculously stupid big and that is driving me nuts. I don't want a phone that has close to a 5" screen or bigger nor do I want a flat screen TV in my pocket but that's just my own personal preference for what I want in a phone.

I personally think the GS3 is a sweet device and if the screen would've been 4-4.3" at most I would've seriously considered it against the iPhone 5 however the iPhone 5 was in the screen size range that I was looking for, hardware that goes head to head if not better than most high end devices out currently, LTE which is a huge step up in speed from 3G service on my Sprint 4S (I'm now with Verizon for my i5), the camera on my 4S as well as my i5 is just awesome and I haven't played with a phone yet that had shutter speed as fast as these 2 devices and the quality of the pictures is just beautiful for a phone and I haven't needed to use my digital camera since I got my 4S last year plus I had a minimal investment in Apple's ecosystem for apps and what not from my previous 4S which I can carry over to my i5.

These are just some of the reasons I decided to go with this phone due to my personal needs and wants. Everyone has their own reasons for what they buy which is why we all have options to choose from :)

15. alexander25 macrumors regular

i only have a spacebar issue when the application isn't using the entire 4" screen.

16. andrewicloud macrumors newbie

17. naths macrumors 6502

Yep, Samsung Galaxy S3, tried both and the S3 is a lot lot better for me....:p

18. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Nope mu iphone 5 is flawless. Wifi works, LTE is fast, apps such as camera+ is faster than the 4S, battery is great, Siri hasnt faltered yet, Maps is good for turn by turn everywhere i have went so far. I can't complain. I am picking up an S3 to use side by side for a few weeks for review purposes then selling it (I am too vested in the ecosystem to switch.)

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

This.

20. richmds macrumors regular

Returned two for me, more the carrier than the phone. Probably order it again next month from a different carrier.

21. DVDxR macrumors regular

Sorta. I only see it in apps that have not been updated for the iPhone 5 screen size. This places the kb higher than normal. I know it throws my typing off and I either miss the space bar or hit it going for certain letters. Ditto for backspace, btw. I don't have the issue with iPhone 5 updated apps.

For the record I had this same issue with my nexus. I think android keyboards are calibrated differently and you need to hit the keys a little higher in this case.

22. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

23. PN4 macrumors member

24. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Couldn't have said it better myself. I am the exact same way.

25. Golfer00ksu macrumors regular

Home button on my iPhone 5 is already broken. Apple doesn't have replacement phones or parts. AT&T wants $36 to return it. Other than that I'm happy with it.