Anyone Returning their new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Sep 24, 2013.

1. rockitdog Suspended

I have to say that I am completely underwhelmed by my new iPhone 5S. I'm actually considering taking it back today. Sure the fingerprint scanner works great but the lag is driving me nuts. I expect lag from an Android device but a smooth bug free experience is what Apple has been known for and now that I'm not experiencing that, this device just isn't cutting it.

Is anyone else considering returning you're new iPhone?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you're experiencing lag I'd suggest doing a restore and set up as new phone to first see if it's related to something in your config or your app collection.

3. urkel macrumors 68030

Any more details on what else you feel makes it an underwhelming upgrade? I have a 5 and have my iPhone 5s (Silver) coming in on Thursday but I'm definitely on the fence on whether or not this will be worth the upgrade.

BTW. What happens to the included iWork/iLife apps? Can they be used on your other iOS devices and what happens if you return your phone?

4. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I agree. My iPhone 5 has no lag at all so the 5S certainly shouldn't be experiencing it! :)

5. billycuth macrumors 6502a

there's absolutely no lag. something might be wrong with your software. take it in for a genius appt.

6. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Lag? I think something must be wrong. This is the fastest smoothest phone I have ever owned. No lag issues at all. Lightning fast! Put next to my buddy's 5 and he was pissed at how much better it ran than his. Something has to be loading wrong for you to be experiencing lag!

7. htc fan macrumors 6502

I'm returning mine for a 32gb...16gb isn't enough and that was the only one they had...so had to take it...But, I don't have the problems OP is mentioning...

8. bmt134 macrumors 6502

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

For what phone? Because it doesn't lag on my 5.

10. Akack macrumors 6502a

Pretty smooth on my IP5. Considering that the 5S has a faster processor maybe you have a defective phone or u can try restoring it.

Now ios7 on my ipad 3 is laggy, can't wait for the Oct ipad announcement.

11. Wbutchart macrumors regular

The 5s is the most powerful phone out, its geekbench score is mental high, lag should not be happening. This must be a configuration problem. I have a 5 and no lag, and an ipad 3 with no lag either.

12. htc fan macrumors 6502

he might have restored from older phone...I did it as a new iphone so, No lagg at all...really smooth like butter hahaha:)

13. KPOM macrumors G5

What lags? iOS7 seems pretty quick overall even on my older iPhone 5, and it flies on the 5s. Transitions, app loads,and gestures are all real time. Maybe give us some details and we can help figure out what's going on with yours. Did you download the 7.0.1 update?

----------

I restored my 5s from my 5 backup.

14. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Benchmarks mean nothing if there are issues with the coding. A 900HP Porche will still suck when it has a buggy ECM.

15. deeddawg macrumors 604

True - but an inherent problem will likely affect a wide array of users. When instead most have no issues and just a couple do, that suggests something particular to their setup such as apps or config, not the OS or hardware.

16. rockitdog thread starter Suspended

My iPhone 5 didn't lag on iOS 7 either! When I go into certain apps like Facebook for example there's a lag between when I go in and when it becomes functional, takes a few seconds and just sits there.

17. syd430 Guest

No there really is lag (set up as new device here). I'm assuming that a lot of the optimizations in iOS. 7.0 for the A7 just arnt there yet so I'll give it some time .

18. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I have a 5S and it's performance has been fantastic. I would to do clean restore. If that doesn't work, then there may be an issue.

My 5S screams. It's awesome. Even with my iPone 4S, iOS 7 actually improved it's performance.

Facebook lags slightly on my phone, but that's the app, not the phone.
    How do the stock Apple apps perform in comparison?

19. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

True, you would see it more widespread. I just wanted to point out benchmarks don't equate to smooth OS. Shoot, the quad core androids have many lag issues, all OS related.

20. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Facebook has always lagged, the newsfeed is a web view and is completely dependent on both your network speed and FB's response time it has nothing to do with iOS 7 or your 5S. Ever since Joe Hewitt left the FB app has completely sucked.

21. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

22. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

All that stuff is free now. Just download it.

----------

Oh, and I have no lag here either. 5S

23. rockitdog thread starter Suspended

In the middle of a fresh reset now, I'll report back...

24. kenknotts macrumors 6502

Great! Please tell me it's a 32gb gold for Verizon and you are in the OC area! With the shortage of the 5s, by all means please return it and let someone else have it. Thanks

25. henryonapple macrumors 6502

I am going to return both the 5C and 5S, simply because I purchased it for the full unsubsidized price, and I can't afford them.