anyone running officemac '08 on a G4-667 or similar?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheNorthWaves, Mar 30, 2008.

1. TheNorthWaves macrumors 6502

ok hold your horses - I decided not to post this in the software section because it's really more of a computer-specific question. I have a powerbook G4 667mhz with 1 gig of ram and a 60gig hdd, running 10.4.11. I would like to get office mac 08 for it, but I am concerned that it will run slowly or have issues with such old hardware. Can anyone with an older machine chime in on this, with positive and/or negative commments about how well the software runs? Thanks

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I know they made the app universal, but I still find it to be rather clunky. I'm running it on a 2.4ghz Penryn w/ 4gigs of RAM, and I find it to be the most sluggish app I have. So considering that your computer is much slower than mine, I wouldn't run it...

That being said, I have a very low tolerance for "slowness." So it's all relative.

3. TheNorthWaves thread starter macrumors 6502

relative to my thinkpad and my intel mini, everything runs slow on the powerbook, lol. Interesting to hear that it runs slow, though. I already feel like officemac 04 is pretty slow - can you compare it to that?