Anyone see an option for Applecare+ on Verizon Order Pages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbg232, Oct 7, 2011.

1. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Want to order with Applecare+ but didn't see it on Verizon website - did anyone else see it?

2. a random John macrumors member

I have the same question. Started using the VZW website and couldn't find the Applecare + option. So I switched to the Apple website. It won't let me do a family plan (ported from ATT to Verizon). Told me to come to the store and get a phone. So how can I pre-order two phones on a family plan with Applecare+?

3. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

No just the standard Verizon insurance fares.

4. 00trayn macrumors member

I'm hoping we'll be able to purchase Apple Care+ at some point in the next week. I didn't see the option ordering through Verizon either, but it was such a quick process compared to people's reports on the Apple Store, and I had a $50 credit to use thru Verizon. Curiously, their iPhone 4 Apple Care page on Verizon has the 4S listed as compatible. But I still want Apple Care +

5. a random John macrumors member

I got a call from Verizon after leaving a complaint. They do not have AppleCare+ in their system and the person that called me did not know of any plans to offer it. I expressed my disappointment and explained why this was a bad thing.

----------

Here's a relevant thread saying that if you take the phone in to Apple quickly (perhaps day of purchase and still in box) you can buy the applecare+
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/16296433#16296433

6. wurt macrumors member

verizon will be offering a toll-free number on the 12th for anyone who would liek to add applecare+ to their iphone4s purchase (only valid for iphone4s purchases made before the 31st of october.)

confirmed this with 2 customer reps + their supervisors yesterday. just call veriozn cust support on wednesday and they will route you to the right #

7. PhillyGirl macrumors newbie

Has that been confirmed wurt?

With the issue with blackberry today, I'd hate to sit on hold for 20 minutes to find out it is not the case.

I spoke with AppleCare today and while they're getting bombarded with pissed off new 4S owners from both Verizon and AT&T, they seem to have no set answer.

8. ldaustin macrumors newbie

I visited the local Apple store and a Verizon store and neither one has an answer. The folks at the Apple store had heard of the issue but have not gotten any directions on what to tell customers.

There is this one article that describes a possible resolution, but I would really like to see something official posted on an Apple or Verizon web page.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/10/11/applecare-plus-for-preorders-available-until-november-14/