Anyone sourced out a decent iPhone 5 Case for Friday??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -Knight-, Sep 19, 2012.

1. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I wanted to get a case in time for Friday and for the time being until something better comes out. Damn case still hasn't shipped out so I'm considering cancelling it and ordering something else.

I got this one cause I liked the Bumper apple made and it was cheap...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092TQHP2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

But I might consider this one for a little better protection on the back...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008YRIXLO/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=wireless

Anyone else get a case for this Friday they can recommend??, Would prefer Amazon as with Prime I can get it by Friday.

Thanks

2. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Oops! Didn't even realize that. :-( There was stock yesterday.

3. chris566 macrumors regular

4. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

5. kalexn macrumors 6502

My Target already had a Belkin soft case and Specks out yesterday. I just went ahead and bought a cheap silicone one off of ebay (there are lots) to have something to cover it with but then have time to find what I really want.

6. pbrooks macrumors regular

pbrooks

My Monoprice bumper style case is being delivered today. If it is cheap and/or ugly, so what? It cost $5. It'll do until better options hit the market.

7. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

This was my plan lol, But it's now Wednesday and the case I ordered from Amazon still hasn't been shipped so they screwed up my plan. I don't want to rock the iP5 around without a case on it. Prime will get me a delivery for Friday for sure but I don't want to spend a lot of $ for something I won't use long term.

----------

Agreed, 5 or 10 bucks is not bad to get you by until something better comes along.

8. james92se macrumors 6502a

I ordered the same Photive bumper as in the first post and received it a couple of days ago. I have this coming today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0093QPFNE/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1348065055&sr=8-1

I had a CaseCrown case on my 4S and loved it. It's about the thinnest complete (full side/top/bottom protection) case I've found and I assume I'll be equally pleased with the case for the 5.

Only problem is, even though I ordered at 2:43 AM, I won't be getting my phone until 10/5. :(

9. kalexn macrumors 6502

Ah, definitely agree. I'm in the same boat as I don't want to order a $50 case I hate how it feels/looks with the iPhone and then never use it. I doubt you could get an ebay one in time. Who knows, look to see if there are any sellers close to you? haha. That would make it come faster. Mine (although I know it was made in China) did say it was coming out of the US. I think the Target ones were $20-$30 which is still kind of high if you aren't planning on keeping it.

I would see if you can find a cheap one on Prime to get. In the thread regarding accessories there were a lot of options from Amazon.

10. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Received my Otterbox defender Monday from Amazon

11. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I actually like this one, I just wish they offered Prime on it to get it by Friday lol

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Gli...065815&sr=1-10&keywords=Crown+Lux+Glider+Case

Thanks for the link.

12. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I never liked Otterbox, Too big and bulky. There great for my wife cause she drops her phone a lot so it's saved my ass on for her phone but never liked it for me lol. Thanks

13. michael31986 macrumors 68040

14. Built macrumors 68020

I ordered two of those Photive bumpers off Amazon last week. :)

15. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Have they shipped out yet?

16. NightCastle macrumors member

I got the black version of this. My wife insisted that I order the case on Thursday since I was going to (at the time attempt) to preorder the phone (I was successful and happily will get it Friday, barring any issues). I got the case Monday and it is actually pretty sleek while appearing to be pretty tough.

Case Mate iPhone 5 Tough Case

17. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I was going to post this exact same thread.

I realized that I don't have screen protectors or a case for Friday. I went on monoprice and ordered the protectors (which may or may not show up by friday) and I looked on amazon for a cheap case. I really only wanted to spend about $5 cause I want an otterbox commuter from Verizon (25% discount) when they are available.

Shopping Amazon only because of my prime account and 2 day shipping.

So, if anyone knows of any cheap "get you by for now" kind of cases/bumpers, let me know.

Also, if you know of somewhere to get some screen protectors that will arrive by Friday, bonus points.

Looks like Amazon will sell a 3 pack of screen protectors for ~$10 (prime, be here friday). I just spent $5 on two 3-packs from Monoprice.

18. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

I can't find it on Amazon?! Was it cheaper than their website?

19. kenziekinz09 macrumors member

20. webworks415 macrumors 6502

Does that slider case have any type of lining inside? I remember using some cases like the inCase one that had rubber strips inside and it made marks on the back of the phone, and stuff trapped inside of it made little scratches. I really like this one.

21. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

Wait. Is "sourced out" the trendy euphemism for "purchased"?