Anyone stand in line in the AM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Sep 26, 2013.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

I'm thinking about doing it... I want a 64 GB Gold AT&T

I'm not sure if it's very possible my store will get it.

I was told by an employee that at 8 AM, someone will come out and notify you whether they have the device of your choice.

P.S. I saw the Gold and Silver today and was amazed at the similarities!

----------

I forgot to ask: how does the store get stock between 10 PM and 10 AM?
    Do they get deliveries in the middle of the night or do they hold stock for the next day?

2. blazinz macrumors regular

Seems as though most will hold stock till next day.. But there have been instances of stores selling when they arrive from UPS/FEDEX.

3. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

I lined up the past few days for a gold iPhone 5s. Every time there were 0 and only grey models.

4. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

That's interesting! Also unfortunate.
    My store is telling me people usually get what they want.

I'm not sure.

5. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

6. KaijuRed macrumors regular

Went to the Apple Store at Fashion Valley Mall (San Diego) this morning (10 am).There were no gold or silver 5S in any size. They only had 32GB or 64GB in Space Grey for AT&T or Verizon.

I was 4th in line. There were about 10 people in total when it was my turn to pick up my phone.

A couple of people who didn't wait in line wanted a gold iPhone or a 16GB iPhone.

7. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

I lined up this morning since I was going to be out early anyway. I got to the Apple Store entrance at 9am, there were already 16 people ahead of me. I figured my chances were slim. At 9:50am, one employee came out with a few cards, representing each iPhone model they had received. She started asking down the line for what model we wanted, and if they had it, we would get the card. I was lucky to get the last one of the AT&T 64GB Space Gray for that day. They did not have any gold models today.

I would suggest getting there much earlier than 9am, maybe 8am. The line I was in today had 7 people who were part of a scalper group, so they each got 2 iPhones, much to the frustration of the people behind them (including me.)

Good luck!

8. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I went to my local target today and they had a bunch of 16GB Space gray,and a hand full of 32 and 64GB of silver and gold. He didnt tell me how many he had but said they had them. May want to check target.

It was for ATT.

9. naughtynumber9 macrumors newbie

Nope. In three months you won't even have to get off of your ass to get any iPhone variant. Why stand in line to routinely disappoint yourself in the meantime? All for a device that's probably (assumption alert) almost identical to the one you have on your person. BTW - the gold and silver look similar because they are identical except for the fact that one is gold and one is silver. Amazing right?

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think Space Grey is widely available to purchase. Chances are slim to none with the Gold.

11. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

12. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

I remember seeing someone post a picture of what the online Apple Store had available, a number of hours after preorders began last Friday.

It showed the only available units left were the Space Gray 16GB ones.

13. billycuth macrumors 6502a

the good news is, you can just order on the website and not have to go searching endlessly.

14. Konner macrumors member

I stood in line at best buy since there's not an apple store in Norman, OK to get my 5C

15. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

I was at the Lancaster PA Apple store this morning.. first to arrive at 7:30. At 8 there were two other people waiting with me and zero gold iPhones. They had one silver and some space grey. I was up at 4 waiting launch day to no avail. Today the guy said they only had ONE gold iPhone on launch day. Jeez.

16. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

17. Knowimagination macrumors 65832

Knowimagination

I am in the same boat, I think I am going to go up to one of the two apple stores near me tomorrow and see what happens. I am in a complicated situation where I have no phone at all so I would really like to score one from a retail store. I may have to give up my gold iPhone desires and just get whatever is in stock though soon.

18. kenknotts macrumors 6502

There are no more gold iPhones till Oct, and probably mid to late Oct at that. Thats why they are selling for so much online. You should just order one and wait.

19. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Where did you get this information?

20. kenknotts macrumors 6502

If the gold had already slipped to Oct a week ago and Verizon's gold orders went from Oct 17th to Nov 11th in two days, you can pretty much bet you wont be seeing a gold iPhone till at least mid Oct if you ordered from Apple today.

21. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Called Apple today and they said that they got no shipments in today which means nothing for tomorrow morning. She sounded annoyed.
    I still might go.

What do you guys think? Could they get a shipment before tomorrow morning?

22. GeorgiaPower macrumors newbie

I went on Monday the 23rd. 1st the store said they weren't receiving any phones that day and later said they weren't sure if any phones would come in with that day's shipment. Long story short, I got to the store at 7:30a, stayed despite employees saying they didn't have phones.The shipment arrived around noon and I ending getting my 5S, so going in the morning is worth a shot.

23. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

So you just hung around the mall or the store all day and kept asking? Or did they tell you that they got some in stock?

Some workers are so rude and less than helpful so I'm just wondering how to go about it.

24. GeorgiaPower macrumors newbie

I hung around for a while. An employee mentioned they're shipment that their shipment was supposed to arrive within the hour. When the shipment arrived and they knew that phones were in it the employee told me they were forming a line. I should've left earlier, but i felt like I couldn't leave empty handed. Luckily it worked out.

----------

The employees can be rude, but they are being asked the same question every minute and having to explain "we don't have any 5s'" to people that barely speak English can be frustrating lol