Anyone starting a new "Mobile Share" plan with Verizon just for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

It appears the large majority of the people on the forum on Verizon have some form of existing traffic. Anyone planning to start a new plan with Verizon jumping ship from their existing carrier for their "ripoff 100 bucks for 2 gigs" plan? If so, what carrier are you jumping from/to?

2. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Mobile Share plans are the devil ! You can still get 2 gigs for $30

3. rnizlek macrumors 6502

Yes, I am. I'm leaving AT&T. I've been very satisfied with them, but I'm jumping ship for LTE and for the ability to unlock my phone for travel abroad.

I currently have an LTE hotspot, which I'm going to combine with the phone on a shared data plan. At some point I may cancel the hotspot as I really don't need it anymore.

The shared data plans are a decent value IF you currently pay for tethering or are a very heavy voice user. Otherwise I agree that they are not much of a value.

However, it looks as if other members of my family may eventually join on the shared data plan, so ultimately my costs would be lower than they otherwise are now, plus I get unlimited minutes (not that I really need them).

4. FotoPhocus macrumors newbie

I'm planning to start a new plan with Verizon when I order the iPhones... Can I preorder 2 iPhones and start a new plan?

5. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Anyone interested in taking over my Verizon account, I have 2 iPhones on the line with grandfathered unlimited data, cheaper than the share everything. You can also add additional lines.

I'm selling my account basically. Will be up at marketplace soon.

6. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I was planning on switching my 3 AT&T lines to Verizon with the launch of this phone... but the mobile share plans cost too much.

7. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. But is a 2GB plan for a smartphone $100 from Verizon? $40 monthly line access per device and $60 for the 2GB data plan...

8. Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Yes, which is why I am wondering if anyone will be jumping to Verizon fresh from another carrier despite the outrageous prices

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I actually wanted to since I'll have to pay AT&T an extra $250 to upgrade early, plue $36 for an upgrade fee. My cancellation fee is only $225 so to get the new iPhone would actually be cheaper to go to Verizon. But their plan prices are insane.