Anyone still "Preparing for Shipment"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Mine still says "Preparing for Shipment" but the delivery date is listed as 9/21. It's hard to think I'll actually get it on Friday if it hasn't even shipped out yet. Wtf? :mad:

2. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

Mine says that too, but according to UPS, my phone is in Louisville, KY. I think for whatever reason, the status isn't updating.

3. BigRingIt macrumors member

Where do you live? I think the shipments for people on the West Coast go out a day or two later than those in the midwest/east coast, because it takes less transit time to still meet the Friday delivery schedule.

4. ihonda macrumors 68000

i ordered from apple. how can i tell the current status? mine is still preparing for shipment :/

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 09/21/2012, By End of Day

wtf.. i thought it was 10:30??? not end of day i would have stood in line if thats the case!

5. rocksyoursock macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

Mine isn't even at the Preparing for Shipment stage yet. Still "Processing Items". I think as long as the date still says 9/21 you'll be fine.

6. JLemm macrumors regular

Mine says preparing for shipment, but I looked up my info with UPS and it's just sitting in the warehouse in Addison, IL. Says scheduled delivery is 9/21 by noon

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

8. alent1234 macrumors 603

this time apple had lots of phones already in the USA when they announced the new one. everyone still prepared for shipment their phone is already in the USA and will ship tomorrow or thursday

9. DArsenault macrumors regular

Mine says preparing for shipment. But if you track it via reference number it says that it's shipping Next Day Air Saver. So if it's shipping next day air it wouldn't leave the facility until late Wednesday or sometime thursday.
    You might be in the same boat

10. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I live on the east coast US and mine is still "Preparing for Shipment" and I can't find it by reference on UPS / FedEx or DHL...

Getting concerned.

11. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Same here, except for the getting concerned part. I have more confidence in the delivery date (9/21) than I do in the actual status. My 2011 MBA went from prep for shipment to shipped all within a day or two of the promised delivery date and it arrived on time.

12. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

UK here and mine hasn't moved from 'Preparing for Shipment' since Friday evening. I ordered at 8:06am and completed instantly.

I'm just hoping, like several other friends that there are initial batches already on UK soil waiting for Friday. No chance in hell of them coming on time if they haven't left China lol.

13. kenya71 macrumors newbie

Same. Not worried though. It was the same from the last big launch day purchase through apple. My status didn't change until the day or two before delivery. Tracking starting from the US FEDEX sort facility rather than China like it sometimes does.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Big difference in being shipped, and the website updating. And, it could easily be finished and ready for shipping on Thursday and you could still get it.

You might want to read one of the other threads that already exists with a similar title.

Why start a new one to repeat what thousands have already stated?

15. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

You need to go back in these forums when the 4 and 4S were introduced and this is all just like it. I really this that at the request of FedEx and UPS, they asked Apple NOT to give out tracking numbers as it would cause millions of extra hits on their tracking site from rabid iPhone owners! You know their sites have to be getting hammered!

16. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Apple site still says that but UPS has it leaving Alaska. Yeah!

It went from China, to Hong Kong to Alaska for those about to tell me it wasn't made in the USA.

17. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

I live in New York (Long Island, to be exact).

18. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Mine says the same thing. Poor iPhone is sitting in KY. I think they should just send it on to me instead :)

19. wake6830 macrumors regular

Still preparing for shipment on a black and a white at&t phone, both 16gb and both ordered via the Apple site. Completed the order on the black phone at 12:03 am pacific, and the white phone at 12:45 am. I'm in Los Angeles.

However, UPS shows tracking info for both if I look them up by my phone number. One is in Nashville, the other has gone from Nashville to Louisville.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I don't think anyone's says "shipped" yet, but lots of us having tracking info by using our phone numbers.

21. High Five Ghost macrumors member

High Five Ghost

Same here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1445095

Update when your status changes, please.

22. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I think this has been posted, but is there a way to track shipping using your order number? Thanks!

23. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

Yes still preparing for shipment. Due to arrive Sept 21, 2012 Toronto.

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You actually called UPS? :confused:

----------

Please read the first post in the sticky for Apple store orders.

25. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

Im on Long Island too ... I got my order in at 3:07am est.

Mine still says "Preparing for Shipment"

I think the others are right that Apple has a LOT of stock here already.

It only takes 1 day to ship domestic so we may not see a status change till as late as Thursday.