Anyone still rocking iPhone 4 or older?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cnguyen0320, Oct 28, 2012.

1. cnguyen0320 macrumors regular

Is anyone still using their older iPhones and are content with it? My update is due but I'm still using my iPhone 4 because I just got an iPad and I use it almost exclusively. Only a few things I do on my phone now.

Anyway, I can upgrade my phone and I was thinking the Galaxy S3 because I want to try Android but I can't justify doing it! I mean I barely use my phone at all now and it still works fine.

So is anyone still using an iPhone 4 or older? Surely you are due for an upgrade soon, so why do you still have your hands on an "ancient" device?

2. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Uh, not sure what "rocking" has to do with carrying an iPhone 4 or earlier. Is that some kinda hipster douchy lingo?:D:D

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I'm still using my iPhone 4 until my wife activates her iPhone 5 (upgrade from 3GS) and uses it for a while. Then we'll see...

B

4. AppleZombie macrumors 6502

I still have an Iphone 4. I am adding a line to my Family share plan to get an Iphone 5. Honestly the Iphone 4 is all I need phone wise, but I made the mistake of only getting a 16gb. I am getting a 32 gb this time and this should be the last purchase I make as far as phones go. Finally I can have all my music on my iphone and get rid of the Nanos and touches!

But yeah the IP4 is still a great phone.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4s 64GB here, wouldn't mind getting the iP5 but AT&T still hasn't got LTE in my area.

6. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Lol I'm still using my 3GS, it's doing perfectly fine even though it's slightly slower. I'm still a student, so since I haven't started earning money, I don't think I'll be spending that much on a new iPhone. Maybe getting the 5S when it comes out, by then I'll be in the army and will be getting my salary. ^^

7. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Nope, not one person in the world or here on MR is using an i4 or older phone. :rolleyes:
    Is this really the things you spend your time thinking about?

I've now sold off all my i4's. $245 for one, $295 (both 32) and $400 for a OOW replacement 16g. Cleaned up. Now trying to decide if I put my 4s up or put my extra i5 up.

You say you use your iPad all the time so why not try an s3?

8. cnguyen0320 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it was, sorry.

9. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

My son was using a 4 until I gave him my 4S after my upgrade to 5. We have IOS 6 on it and I was shocked by how slow the interface felt on it. The 4S felt just fine speed-wise. The worst was my mother's 3GS with IOS 6. That required 5 minutes advanced notice when you wanted to use it. Slide to unlock and then go get some tea. When you get back, it MIGHT have registered the command and brought you to the home screen.

10. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I still love the iPhone 4.

Mine is in really good condition, I can easily sell it and get the 5 for free since it's unlocked, but too lazy and I don't want a taller phone. I wouldn't mind a speed increase though.

11. ParrotheadGTI macrumors newbie

rocking the IP4 until the end of this week when my 5 arrives.

12. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Still rocking the 3GS.
    Don't see the need to upgrade as it does work email, work apps, and text massaging perfectly fine.

Waste of money.

13. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I still use an iPhone 4 gsm model.

Was with AT&T during my contract. Debated getting the 5 and selling my unlocked 4, but decided on keeping the 4 and using $45/ mo Straight Talk for cell service. I must admit I like the 5 and think it is impressive though, it was more of a financial decision than a dislike of the 5. There's just too much savings keeping my phone and using prepaid service. That and I refuse to buy an iOS device until it's jailbroken :p