Anyone stuck at "Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while..."?

Neeliosis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
New York, NY
Title says it all.

I've been trying since 3PM today, and have ransacked Google in search of a solution. My phone is locked to another carrier, so I can't activate it. Is this the problem? I've restored about 3 times already, and at one point I even left it running for two hours, yet nothing happened. I've tried it on another Mac, but same problem.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Title says it all.

I've been trying since 3PM today, and have ransacked Google in search of a solution. My phone is locked to another carrier, so I can't activate it. Is this the problem? I've restored about 3 times already, and at one point I even left it running for two hours, yet nothing happened. I've tried it on another Mac, but same problem.
Is it stuck at waiting to reboot?

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Title says it all.

This was happening on my iPad 2 and the only thing that worked was restoring and setting up my iPad as new. Then it worked beautifully.

All in all though I find this JB to be buggy and I'm not 100% sure when 5.1 drops that I may go ahead and update my phone and iPad and wait for a 5.1 JB that's a lot more stable.

I wasn't one of these folks dying to JB anyway. I was actually of the mind to not do it until I got caught up reading one of the long threads around here.

Sorry for the long winded comment :eek: