Anyone successful at placing launch order via AT&T live chat? : /

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by U4icLab, Sep 18, 2013.

1. U4icLab macrumors regular

Hi! I had some issues and worked out an upgrade with ATT, but I have to use their online chat to place the order. Blah. Has anyone had any success placing an online order via chat during a launch? Tips/advice. I'd like to avoid waiting 2-3 weeks for shipping- ha.

2. U4icLab thread starter macrumors regular

3. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Did you get your early upgrade fee waived?

4. U4icLab thread starter macrumors regular

I did (I think?). They have confirmed on chat, per their notes, that the upgrade override was approved. It took me a week to channel through live chat and phone support. They were supposed to followup days ago and nothing. FINALLY, last night they came through with the necessary notes on my account for approval. I had some issues with my account since moving to CA from IL so they submitted the an early upgrade override request on 9/13. I was honestly ready to jump ship to Verizon (no service in area, charges issues, purchased Uverse ugh).

5. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Same here, so I have to try to order the same way through chat and its all supposed to be on file. I was ready to terminate unless they complied to those conditions. I guess we'll see if they are full of **** or not. I was told I can't just order online and be credited.

6. mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

Good luck. It's going to be impossible getting through via phone at that time. Tried last year, no go.

7. U4icLab thread starter macrumors regular

I hear ya! Ridiculous huh? I'd be fine ordering via chat if my experience had been a little bit smoother with them, but I'm a tad bit worried placing my orders and credit card in their hand. I know I should relax about it, but you know how it goes :). I guess all the horror stories on here and elsewhere haven't been too encouraging.

----------

Exactly. Hopefully chat will be "better?" I may stop by AT&T to see if they can read the notes and honor. You would think this wouldn't be an issue right? Maybe it's a commission/sales tracking issue?

8. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Haha yeah I'm a bit concerned about that too. AT&T reps in general are incompetent **** up's...but we'll see.

----------

I'm just really concerned about explaining the situation and how notes should be on record and the rep going "Uhh what? I don't see anything" just dragging it on. That will really set me off.

9. javisan macrumors regular

I had a terrible experience orderin via live chat my iPhone 5 and it was not launch, I did the order on November.

10. U4icLab thread starter macrumors regular

Hi Jav- was it the processing and delivering part of the order or the actual placement online that they screwed up?

I feel like I may have better luck ordering my phone from the girl scouts tomorrow. At least w/ any f-ups, I may get some thin mints.

11. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

F-yeah thin mints

12. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

How did it go? Worst experience ever!!!!