Anyone successfully add just one iPhone to a family plan at Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HockeyFan, Jul 17, 2008.

1. HockeyFan macrumors newbie

Apologies if this has been posted already. I abused the search tool for 45 minutes and didn't see a clear answer to my question.

I want an iPhone and my wife doesn't. Is it possible to upgrade just one line of an existing AT&T family plan at the Apple store? The line is eligible for an upgrade.

I've asked at two separate AT&T stores and was told that yes, you could have one iPhone and one regular phone without a problem. I'm worried that the Apple store will have a different answer.

Thanks!

2. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

I have the family plan with only 1 iPhone.

Why are you worried with what Apple will say.. the plan is via ATT

3. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

yes i did this in an apple store friday. switched from original iPhone to iPhone 3G. The other person on the family plan has a samsung sync. no problems.

4. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

well let me tell ya.....

the wife and i went and stood in line friday morning for our iphones. it was my second and the wife's first. after about a three hour wait, we finally came to the counter with a nice young lady to help us.

i let her know we were upgrading two phones on our two family plans that we have. it's actually an enterprise account but comes out cheaper just putting it on two family plans.

anyway...

she said it was not a problem. now i don't know if it was this girl's fault or it was just the all around wackiness of friday's network but she did more than update our two lines.

i ended up going back to the store to rectify the problems that were created on friday:

our unlimited texting family plan (actually two of them) was turned off.
    our push to talk network was turned off.
    our data plan was turned off.
    when i say turned off- i mean it was all switched to pay per use plan.

i had to call att on this. they said when we get the bill to call and they would rectify the bill, but i am really curious to see what the charges were.

but to answer your question- yes

5. OceanView macrumors 65816

6. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Yup did it last Friday, no issues whatsoever!