Anyone successfully living their every day life with OS 3.0 B3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wnxgenral, Apr 15, 2009.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

I was thinking about throwing OS 3.0 on my iPhone, I am a student and although I rely on my phone very much, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was a little bit buggy... anyone living their every day life on OS 3.0 and not ripping their hair out?

jack :apple:

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

My hair is still present and I am getting close to fifty...although it is gray now:eek:

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

It's only been a day...if even.

So far looks good. I'm glad it's more stable. BeeJive and IM+ would get owned every two seconds by beta 2. Now it's more like every two minutes xD.

4. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Messages is really laggy on Beta 3. (for me and a few others at least, not all)
    It sort of drives me nuts, and I would probably go back to 2.2.1 if it was easier. For now, I am just hoping for a quick release of Beta 4.

Everything seems fine though. (same or better than Beta 2)

5. ajthomason macrumors 6502

I've done it for a day if that counts :p

Yup, happy to be using 3.0 - I could never go back as I 'need' the landscape texting / email. I know that it should only be used for development, but I only have one iPhone (and an iPod touch), and after installing it on the touch and deciding that it was stable enough... I went for it!

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68030

I installed 3.0 v3 last night and had a nuclear stress test today and I'm still here...:p

7. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

this is a very annoying bug:

Attached Files:

8. Cru Jones macrumors newbie

Cru Jones

I've been using it since day one. No real complaints. eBay app doesn't work properly, neither does G-Map. Other than that, no problems. It took some magic to get mms to work.:)
    oh yeah, I use as both my dev phone, and my daily.

9. 101at9 macrumors member

101at9

I have been on since early beta 2 and have had little to no trouble. Beta 2 was just laggy for me but beta 3 has fixed that now mine seems as stable as 2.2.1. My suggestion is to redownload it if it isn't perfect, because my friends phone is under my account and his phone with was horrible with beta 2. But after a few retries it began to function "normally". But I havent upgraded his to beta 3. Sorry if I babbled on.:eek:

10. MacFly123 macrumors 68020

I have had it on my daily iPhone since the first Beta. The first Beta was exciting but got me pretty frustrated after about a week, but luckily they released Beta 2 and since then it has been perfectly fine really! :)

I haven't messed with trying to get MMS working though. Is it tough? Ive read some of the processes on here and it seems annoying. Is it worth my time or should I just wait till June?

11. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Considering I'm a heavy texter, the messages app in beta 3 blows. Like a fan.
    It crashes everytime I launch the damn thing.

12. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I would try resetting the iPhone or restoring again. I installed 3.0 beta 3 and had a conversation via text this afternoon for over an hour. No crashes and response time was immediate.

Granted I have had it (as well as everyone else) for around 24hrs but thus far no problems.

13. 101at9 macrumors member

101at9

I tried gizmodos guide to get mms working and all it did was give me tethering because I downloaded the carrier update so I would just wait, thats what I'm doing. Plus unless you have unlimited texting you really don't know what charges they can hit you with.

14. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

You are lucky! I can't have a convo either without extreme patience. I also tried restoring. Did you set your phone up as a new phone or did you restore from backup after restoring to Beta 3?

15. ViPa macrumors 6502a

16. pugnut macrumors 6502a

No issues

I have no issues. 2 hours of Conf Calls, Exchange mail and 3 mac accounts no issues. No messaging issues and thank god the sound issues are gone.

Have MMS working....

17. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Set it up from a 3.0 Beta 2 backup that I had syncd just prior to updating to 3.0b3.

18. sesnir macrumors 6502

No issues here and I've been putting each beta on my phone.

The first beta was definitely frustrating and I shouldn't have done it... but I don't have a development iPhone yet (I suppose my current one will become my dev device if the new hardware is worthwhile).

19. hbg macrumors regular

Works great! Very fast, no lag, zero problems thus far. Beta 2 was OK, but some bugs, beta 1 very annoying. Beta 3 is easily good enough for me as a final release.

20. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

I love b3. I have had it since b1. I wouldn't recommend b1 at all for your primary, b2 if you are okay with bugs but b3 is wonderful (so far).

21. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I wish I knew what was going on for those of us who are having a terrible time with the messaging app....

22. Raidel macrumors member

Not to rub it in or anything (really not trying to) but beta 3 works fine for me. Way faster and much more stable than beta 2! Getting closer and closer with more stability...always good, that means we may see an early summer release.

23. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Does anyone here have memory info? I thought messages was something that always ran, but I can't seem to find in memoryinfo...

24. LinMac macrumors 65816

Try to disable MMS messaging in settings. That seems to improve things for some people.

25. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I used beta 2 and am installing beta 3 now, but I would say go ahead. My iPhone is attached to my hip and I am a college student, a little buggy, but nothing crazy.