Anyone switch from Galaxy Nexus to iPhone 5 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tig Bitties, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Tig Bitties macrumors 68020

Tig Bitties

Curious if any Nexus owners, switched to the new iPhone 5 ?

If so, what is your opinion ? Positives vs Negatives ?

2. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I've had both phones and have to say I like my 5 way more. The battery life was garbage on my nexus and it felt much cheaper then the 5.

3. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68020

Tig Bitties

Agree on crap 4G/LTE battery, but the GSM version is supposed to be significantly better I heard.

But build quality was cheap, but I did drop mine a ton, and always worked, minus the dings and dents.

I am getting burned out on Android, I do like Jellybean, just want something different for a change. But I would need a jailbreak, I love to customize my phone, with Widgets, etc...

4. msooffutt macrumors newbie

I had the gsm nexus with the extended battery and I feel the iphone 5 is much better in both battery life and faster charging time. I like android, but prefer ios.

Have you used an iphone before?

5. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68020

Tig Bitties

Last iPhone was the 3G, since then owned the Nexus-One...Nexus-S...Galaxy Nexus.

Thinking maybe get the iPhone 5 or Nexus 4.

6. msooffutt macrumors newbie

Looks like the Nexus 4 may have a bigger battery than the last one. Does LTE matter to you? I don't think the Nexus 4 has it.

7. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68020

Tig Bitties

LTE is cool, but not be all end all for me. HSPA+ is pretty fast. I want great battery life, and screen technology is big deal to me, a screen that is beautiful and good in day light, and sharp and clear text. Good maps and GPS that doesn't kill battery, and good for texting and keeling in touch with groups. FaceTime could be cool for the Wife and I and kiddies.

Plus a cool looking phone with nice case accessories is just a bonus.

8. DocDoom macrumors regular

Im looking to switch to the iPhone 5, from a Galaxy Nexus. Its funny, most people say there bored with iOS, im actually bored with android, mainly because of the lack of apps, or quality of apps. Android, as a operating system, i would say is better, but its still lacking in apps, especially in photography apps (which i love).

9. msooffutt macrumors newbie

I do like the flexibility of Android, and have to admit, that with jellybean, it has gotten a lot better. The apps made me come back, along with a smoother interface and (imo) a better keyboard. I couldn't quite get used to the android keyboard.