Anyone switch from Sprint to AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eNcrypTioN, Sep 15, 2013.

1. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

So as I've mentioned before, I'm sick of Sprint's lies and deception. I've been with them since the late 90's and realize they are always going to have the worst coverage and slowest data speeds here in South Florida. I can't stream music on spotify on my daily commute to work, I drop calls daily, and I'm not receiving calls or texts.

So enough of my rant...

What is the process like to switch?

I'm out of contract so do I just walk into AT&T and tell them I want to port my number?

How long does it take for my new AT&T phone take to start working?

Do I have to contact Sprint and do anything there or do I just stop getting billed?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

2. coorspate macrumors regular

coorspate

I switched over 2 years ago for the same reasons. You tell att you want to port your numbers and after the process is done on att's side contact sprint for your final bill.

If you have lines with different area codes att may tell you they can't put them all on one account, this is not true. You can't with a personal account but if you start a business account you can, if you don't have a business just tell them your social is your tax ID number and your business name is "your name" INC.

Before you sign up check your bank, employer or anything else your associated with for FAN discounts.

3. eNcrypTioN thread starter macrumors 6502

Sounds easy enough I appreciate the insight. My office will offer me a FAN discount as well so can't beat that.

I can't wait to get the 5S and actually be able to use all the features... :eek:

4. donkeycrushr macrumors member

Yea I am looking to change as well from Sprint to Att/ Verizon for all the reasons stated above. I am also in the South Florida/ Broward area. They kept giving me the run around and they started giving me credits on my bill. But i am just going to pay the ETF and switch to either Att or Verizon.

5. Sup3rknova macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

Same here. Paying the ETF. TIRED OF SPRINT! Pre ordered the 5c for my wife on Verizon. Went quick. Going to get another c or s on Friday for myself.