Anyone switch to Sprint from AT&T/Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajumbaje, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

Right now, I have at&t and my dad and I have unlimited data on both of our phones(his 3gs and my 4s). I'm thinking about branching off and getting my own plan, which means...yes, I lose my unlimited data with at&t. I can pay him, but it would be easier to manage my own bill, especially if I move out west(grad school/job/establish residency)

Has anyone had issues with sprint recently? I know you cant talk and surf like you can on at&t, but I never talk and surf at the same time. Has anyone gotten word of mouth on the LTE speeds sprint has? I dont stream movies(outside of youtube) over cellular networks often, but I do like my pandora/iheart radio while I am at the gym. Does sprint still have issues inside buildings? I remember them sucking a fat one back in 07 when I last had them. Had to lean outside my window at college haha.

Any other pointers?

2. wyattwalter macrumors newbie

wyattwalter

I've switched! It was cheaper to cancel AT&T and move. LTE is expected mid-October here in LA.

3. imeth macrumors regular

Biggest mistake of your life... If you do. Talk about major downgrade. Sprints LTE coverage is horrible, you must be a fool.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I saw a map earlier today on one of the threads. Showed LTE cities covered by AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.

Not sure how accurate it was but Sprint didn't have a single city with LTE anywhere out west.

5. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Sprint has such poor coverage . . Why would anyone do that. Even a greats one with poor coverage is a horrible thing!

6. JOHNGAETANO macrumors 6502

JOHNGAETANO

Sprints LTE is weak but I had Sprint once and the coverage was fine where I live.