iPhone XR anyone switched from XS to XR and is now missing the bokeh option on XR?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cub4bearin, Oct 26, 2018.

1. cub4bearin macrumors regular

Went to Best Buy today to check both the phones and like both of them. From price point of view I want XR, but don’t know if I can deal with the lack of bokeh on non-human objects.
    Anyone done the switch and can share their experience?

Thank you.

2. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

Dear OP:

Please take a step back and think about how often you take photos of random stuff on the street. And then how many times you need photos of such random stuff to have some artsy effect.

3. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

There are plenty of good substitution apps available to compensate this. Having both devices, I don’t feel like I’m missing much of anything if I take the XR out for a day instead of the XS. Honestly in the last few years with Apple there hasn’t been a whole lot of compelling loss in feature set if I am not using the top tier iPhone model.

4. M33-1 macrumors regular

M33-1

I use this option several times a week. Was just at a pumpkin patch/apple orchard and had a ton of fun with this feature on the XS. I was also at the Arboretum and created new phone wallpaper with this attached photo I took. For me personally, it was a deal breaker. But, everyone has different interests, I agree.

Attached Files: