Anyone think iLife 11 will be out soon? What do you want from iLife 11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lgtw, Aug 10, 2010.

?

When do you think iLife 11 will come out?

Poll closed Dec 23, 2011.
  1. August - November 2010

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. December - March 2011

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. April - July 2011

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. August - October 2011

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. November 2011 - New Year's 2012

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. lgtw macrumors member

I just want your opinion in posts below or in the poll above! I think iLife 11 is gonna come out when the new Macbook Airs come out along with the new iPods in September, so I think September is a good month for Apple. Anyone else can post their speculations on this topic and chat about it below! Thanks!

Also, another question, what things would you like to see in iLife 11 and what do you think/know they'll update in applications such as, iMovie, Garageband, iPhoto, and iWeb.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I think we'll see it BEFORE the MBA is updated - which would allow Apple to package it with any forthcoming MBA update.

3. kasakka macrumors 68000

Support for 48 KHz sample rate in Garageband would be nice but other than that I can't think of anything I'd truly need. I rarely use anything in the iLife package anyway.

I'm more interested in iWork '10.

4. DARKJ3DI macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

I would like an iMovie that works properly. When I import video from movie files on my computer the quality becomes really poor (this doesn't matter whether it is set to 'large' or 'original').

5. lgtw thread starter macrumors member

I myself would like to see some more awesome tracks in Garageband along with the ones we have now. Maybe masking in iMovie? And some other good features. Not really sure, haven't completely messed with the products that much as I've only had my new iMac for a week.

6. skoal74 macrumors newbie

No question that Apple finally has to add native AVC HD editing support in iMovie. Ideally, it'd have smart rendering too. If I have to transcode jsut to edit my camcorder's avc hd, then reencode when it's done, the workflow is just too long. Can't afford Premier Pro (besides too much for my simple needs), so it'd look like I'd abandon OSX for video editing and go back to windows, yuck.

Working off i7-860 hackintosh, so I'd hate for all that effort to be wasted (and cost on apple software).

7. james90755 macrumors member

Since I only want iLife'11 and don't need it, I will wait until it arrives. I do grow tired of hearing things like 'last Saturday', 'when the MBA arrives', or ???

8. Brinkman macrumors 6502

Brinkman

Can't wait for 64bit iMovie.

Also I hope there are more social networking integration capabilities with iPhone and facebook.

9. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I'd like to see better MIDI support in GarageBand-- either MIDI export of Software Instrument tracks or simple MIDI Out to drive external gear. Synth players aren't very keen on having their killer sound machine reduced to a mere controller. I wouldn't expect it to drive a whole rack of synth modules simultaneously, though; that level of functionality could be reserved for Logic Express/Pro.