Anyone think the Apple Watch will drive up sales of the iPhone 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by perezr10, May 2, 2015.

1. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

It's interesting to read all the comments from people who are actually liking the prospect of handling communications from their watch. I knew the notification triage was going to be big, but I gotta admit, I didn't see the communications aspect of it coming.

Which leads me to wonder, will a lot of the holdouts who think the iPhone 6 Plus was just too big now decide that they can live with a phone that darn near requires it's own bag? I think so. A lot of the hassle of carrying an iPhone 6 Plus is that it's uncomfortable in your pocket when you sit down. With an Apple Watch, you can put the iPhone in a travel bag or purse and not worry about missing your calls.

Plus, people who thought the 6 Plus was to "unwieldy" to use with one hand while walking around or being active don't have too. They can now leave their phone in their fanny pack or gym locker and still be connected.

In fact, I think the Apple Watch makes the prospect of using a larger device so attractive that it's the primary reason that Apple disabled its use with the iPad.

2. dnc1916 macrumors member

I'm after changing my 6 to a 6 Plus for exactly this reason!

3. sodaftl macrumors member

sodaftl

Thinking about it, too, now that I can see that I do not need to reach to my phone for text messages, email notifications, apple pay"ments", go through TSA and board planes, after just a week of using the AW (38mm SS Milanese loop).

On another topic, I may understand why AW deliveries, if there was an issue with one of the Taptic engine manufacturers, but what about the bands being delayed as well? No relationship with the Taptic engine, I hope!

4. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

I had a 6+ at launch, and eventually went down to a 6. This watch makes me wish I didn't. I know which "6s" I'm getting.

5. H3rman macrumors 6502

Nope, never. Not for me at least. End of the day, my phone is always in my pocket. I don't have a "man bag" to keep my phone in, so I want something that can live in my pocket all day every day without being too big or uncomfortable. The iPhone 6 does this, the 6+ doesn't.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm with you. My phone is always in my pocket, so smaller is now more attractive to me. I also run 5 days a week, and a smaller form factor for a phone fits better in the pouch on my running belt.

I currently use a 5s. I would love to use a 6+...but it's awfully big and I suspect the Watch will reduce my need to use my iPhone by at least 25%.

Time will tell!

7. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

This made my girlfriend firmly want a 6+ now. I'm on the fence. I can still text with one hand with the 6 so I'm tempted just to keep this screen size.