Anyone thinking of trying store next week then canceling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spurbs, Sep 14, 2012.

1. spurbs macrumors member

I ordered thru app at 5am EST and have a 2 week ship time. I'm thinking of heading to the store Friday morning to see if I can get it sooner. My plan is to cancel the online order once I have confirmation I'll get the model I want (assuming they hand out product cards/placeholders like the iPad 3). My obvious only worry is that I cancel the online order and my upgrade doesn't show back up when I cash out

2. fender57 macrumors 6502

I did this last year. I ordered through AT&T, and I was placed in a 3-5 week wait period. Two weeks into that I strolled into the Apple Store and they had what they wanted, a 64GB white 4S. I bought it subsidized, no problem, activated at the store, the whole 9 yards.

However, I had a helluva time canceling the order through AT&T. They insisted it was "too late" and i was "processing" even though I was still in the middle of a wait period (meaning there was no iPhone assigned to me as of yet). I ended up finding the number to the office of the President (I got the connection through someone here) and they took care of the cancellation for me. So, if you order through AT&T you might have a problem canceling the order (though you could always ship it back on your dime).

3. morecowbell macrumors member

OBAMA?!?!?!? Holy sh-t!!! That is sick!!!

4. aztooh macrumors 6502a

So not only do you guys take a pre-order spot away from someone...you are too impatient to wait for it and go take another device from someone. Cool. Thanks for making the process more difficult than it needs to be.

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Of AT&T not of the US

6. fender57 macrumors 6502

I was one of the first to pre-order but I somehow got pushed from "deliver on <delivery date>) to backordered. It was pushed back to two weeks, then 3-5 weeks. I got my device by walking into the Apple Store and just asking if they had it. They did, and I bought it. The whole thing took less than 20 minutes. So I don't think I took anything from anybody at that point. So all that said, I ask you to please go cordially <screw> yourself, Francis.

7. morecowbell macrumors member

You should've said that originally. It's nowhere near as cool now. You've wasted everyone's time.

8. fender57 macrumors 6502

My bad, I'll try to be clearer next time. I can see how you would think it was President Obama.

9. morecowbell macrumors member

No problem. Apology accepted.

10. aztooh macrumors 6502a

My name isn't Francis

11. mariocapo macrumors member

I cancelled my order through apple.com and preordered at Best Buy this morning. I don't want to wait till October like they were estimating.

12. fender57 macrumors 6502

Well, the rest of it applies.