Anyone tried out one of Ankers or New Trents external battery packs with the iPhone5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bluebayou, Apr 1, 2013.

1. bluebayou macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about buying one of these battery packs to use during coachella, but not sure if one company makes higher quality ones over the other. For reference, New Trent and Anker both make portable batteries that let you charge your phone without an outlet nearby.

Anyone have any inside knowledge? thanks

2. ashfall macrumors newbie

Never heard of either. the only company that i would trust for external batteries is Mophie

3. darky90 macrumors member

I've bought a few battery packs/external battery chargers from several different brands and just have them laying around all over the place for those just in case moments. I own a Morphie which is really nice in looks compared to Anker's but they both work just fine. I also have a 10400mah one from Ravpower which is my favorite since it holds the most number of charges compared to my Morphie 4000mah and Anker 3200mah. Saw that Ravpower had a front page deal on slickdeals last week but dont' know if it's still there. I Bought all on Amazon.

Morphie
    Anker
    Ravpower

4. jayrflow macrumors 6502

I used to have a portable battery pack from new Trent and it was good. I also had batteries from Anker for my old android phone and they were good too. Not sure of that counts tho. But from my experience, id go with New Trent. Might want to wait if more people chime in before making a decision

5. HiRisk macrumors 6502

I have two of the Anker external batteries and they work great. Bright them along with me for a few trips and encountered no problems too. I used those batteries to charge my iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, and iPad.

IMHO they're way better than the overpriced external batteries from Mophie.

6. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I have an Anker one, I use it to charge my iphone 2 or 3 times a week when working away. It's very good and will charge my iphone about 3 times from flat.

7. maliu macrumors 6502a

I have at least 4 New Trent batteries. All excellent and last. The one I bought over a year ago still seems to provide the same amount of power as when I got it.

8. S.L. macrumors regular

S.L.

9. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I have the Anker 5600 one and it works great. Nice and small too.

10. matrix808 macrumors regular

I can also recommend anker. Bought one for my Japan trip and its been working great so far! Never used mophie but for the price difference I can imagine it being that much better, it is only a battery pack

11. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Anyone tried out one of Ankers or New Trents external battery packs with the ...

I have the Anker Astro E4 and E5. They are the best external batteries I have ever had. I can charge my iPhone 7-8 times with the E5. I definitely say Anker is the way to go. They have great customer service. Anker is much more know on amazon and is in the top spots for external batteries and the most reviewed. Anker is also one of the cheaper but more superior quality brands which is a plus.
    Ask me any question If you like too.

EDIT: oops, I did not notice this thread is old since someone bumped it.

12. charliehill macrumors newbie

Anker battery

Hello, Anker is a new brand I'm not sure about the quality. I also need external battery for Sumsung phone and Ipad, can any powerbank charge both of these? I guess there are different specifications between phone and pad.

13. DonnyXMX macrumors member

DonnyXMX

I have a few Anker products and all are great and not over priced like the Mophie.

14. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

They are all very high quality! I recommend the Astro 2nd gen 6000 9000 and 12000. You choose your size:)

15. Gizard macrumors newbie

I've been using Newtrents batteries for over 2yrs and they've been working great.
    I use the 12k mAh iCarrier for international travel and the 5200mAh iTorch for day to day use.
    Both have been holding up well and charging well.

16. maliu macrumors 6502a

I've had no less than 6 New Trent batteries. Love them. I've had two go bad. One after several years of service (way past warranty) and last week one under warranty. I emailed them and within 24 hours had a prepaid mailing label, mailed it on Saturday and today got a tracking number for my replacement. If customer service is important to you, New Trent's is awesome.

----------

Oh and my favorites are the I torch for carrying daily and the 10,000 mah power pack 10.0 for travel. Charges an iPad great and has two charge ports.