Anyone tried the new Motorola Endeavor HX1 with iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jmpage2, Sep 11, 2009.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

It has superior noise reduction technology to the Jawbone I have now and more importantly it has an on/off switch (which is important for me as I often leave it alone for a few days and then need the battery as full as possible).

The big question to me is if the voice dial feature on this new headset will work with the iPhone Voice Control as of 3.1.

Anyone who has one let us know!

2. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Sprint stores are the only ones that are carrying this headset, they seem to have an exclusive.

It's a hefty $129 but they are currently doing an online 15% off accessory promotion that they are willing to honor in store.

It's expensive, but comparable in price to a Jawbone II. I hate my Jawbone II and if I knew this would work with voice control I would probably buy it.

3. yukong macrumors newbie

Voice control works with my jawbone. Works quite well. Made calls, started the ipod, etc.

4. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Ya, I have a Jawbone now and voice control works. The issues I have with the Jawbone are the fit (not so great for me), the lack of a power switch (I use a lot for a day then don't use again for a week so this would be great to have) and the fact that every time I get it out of my pocket I inadvertently click the back of it and hang the call up.

The HX1 also employs 2 levels of noise cancellation. The principal one works similarly to most other noise cancellations out there and is good for casual use. The 2nd level of noise cancellation is 'stealth mode' and actually picks up your voice from a little bubble that sits on the ear piece of the headset. This eliminates ALL outside noise. You can literally stand in front of a 40mph fan and you can't be heard. From all reports it is superior to the Jawbone. The downside is that your voice will sound a bit muffled or robotic when using it in this mode. It would be useful for me though as I frequently work in extremely noise environments (loud data centers) and the ability to eliminate all noise would be excellent.

Maybe I will just pick up the Motorola and do my own comparison and report it here, I can always return it if I don't like it better than my Jawbone. If I do like it better I can sell the Jawbone to subsidize the cost of the new one.

5. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Did you end up getting an Endeavor? How do you like it? Care to do a review/comparison?