Anyone try and apply a 6/6+ skin to a 6s/6s+ yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajm222, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

I have a 6S+ that's supposed to show up today and a skin designed for a 6+. Curious to see if the difference will be enough to cause problems. Got mine from Best Skins Ever and they won't have the 6S and 6S+ skins available for a little while longer.

2. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BSE says they expect them to fit ok, just not quite up to their super tight tolerances. Hopefully that's the case.

3. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I have one at home that was an extra. I am planning to put this on when I get home as I picked up my 6S Plus today on my lunch break.

I purchased an IQ Shield from Amazon for $0.50.....and it was not cut right. Hung over all the edges. Explains why it was $0.50. A buddy purchased one too and is going to try his.

BSE is the best in my opinion. There customer service is AWESOME!

4. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Love them. Will be trying to put mine on in a bit. Will report back.

5. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BSE for 6+ fits great on the 6S+. I'd say the difference is very negligible. I'm sure they will produce a skin for the new phones that fits even better, but this will do just fine.

It was still a pain getting the edges to adhere, but I discovered a trick using saran wrap to pull the edges tight while drying.

6. fultonjt macrumors member

fultonjt

I installed a Clear Coat full body and the fit was perfect. The thing I love about Clear Coat vs the others (and I've tried them ALL) is that the edges adhere quickly. BSE, PhantomSkinz and SlickWraps all look great once they're installed- IF you can install them. The edges are the biggest pain in the a** on all of them.

7. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So is clear coat otherwise the same type of material? If so, I wonder what makes them adhere better.

8. fultonjt macrumors member

fultonjt

It seems to be a tiny bit thicker. Somewhere between Zagg and the old Wrapsol (now OtterBox's Clearly Protected line). I can tell you the adhesive seems A LOT stronger.

9. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cool, thanks. I may have to try that stuff. wonder if it's tougher to remove than the best skins ever. once the BSE 'hardens' it's pretty tough to pull off.

10. ajm222 thread starter macrumors 6502a

BSE now has their 6s and 6s+ skins ready and at a discount.