Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bongolo

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
READ this earlier thread or any of the dozen other threads...DO NOT extract the ipsw file. If you're downloading with Safari it may try to autoextract it...so download it with FireFox or something. I've seen this question asked 30 times in the last hour.

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ANYTHING BUT A SINGLE IPSW FILE AFTER THE DOWNLOAD. If the file extracted, start over and download it with FireFox (or turn off something in Safari that autoextracts downloaded files).

Then open iTunes, go to your iPhone, hold down the option key and click Restore, then choose the ipsw file you downloaded.

Do you lose all content using this method??

TIA

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
A number of apps don't seem to be working correctly yet...

Exposure (Flickr client) -- gives a ton of popup error messages. Unusable.

eBay -- crashes back to home screen

iPint -- crashes back to home screen

Facebook -- can't connect to Facebook

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
iPint works for me.

AIM crashes for me if I click on the waiting IM link. I have to go through the contact list to read incoming IM's.

terrrrrible

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2007
I had the same problem with the Facebook app.

I also want to complain again about AIM, hah.

iPint works for me.

AIM crashes for me if I click on the waiting IM link. I have to go through the contact list to read incoming IM's.

If you don't access AIM for 5-6 minutes, do you get disconnected?

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Do you lose all content using this method??

TIA

You don't "lose" anything! Sync your phone before the upgrade. The upgrade wipes your phone clean and install 2.0, then restores from your backup.

bumfilter

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
I was unlocked on 1.1.4 and the 2.0 upgrade worked.

If you want to say it doesn't work for you, fine, but don't be a jackass and call everyone else liars.

How did you unlock 1.1.4, what was your method of choice?

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
OMG it is amazing and the MLB App video is so clear

Agreed ... the 2.0 update is so much better, I can't even begin to explain it. Great to have my work email and calendar synching up ... the aps are awesome ... tons of nice little tweaks here and there ... great getting my .mac mail pushed to me ... contacts is great ... can't say enough good things, feel like I have a new iPhone ... who needs the 3G anyway.

knoxtown

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
Everywhere
So... when the "official" update comes out via iTunes, what will happen to people who did it this way. Will there be another version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.