Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Now I know they are a better device but when I say regret is, are you getting the use out this device that you couldn't with iPad 1? Are you using the cameras, the gyro, are you using apps you couldn't run well on an Ipad?

Let me know be nice to see if everyone is making the most out of their upgrade : )

For me? Not yet but I like the size and that's why I upgraded, I think having a rear camera on such a large device is quite silly personally lol

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
No regrets here. I upgraded for the increased speed, ram, and the thinness.

And for futureproofing.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Zero regrets here. Went from 1 original iPad to two of the iPad 2's (myself & wife) and we both use them daily and love them. I'd recommend an upgrade to anyone.

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Skipped the iPad 1 and went straight for the two a few months ago, but I'd suppose the only possible explanation for someone going from 1 to 2 and getting frustrated would be from going from a Jailbreak to stock. I'd love to be able to play emulators on my iPad2 with a Wiimote, for example, and I can't currently.

REM314

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
Canada
Don't try to get justification for your purchase from others. If you enjoy it then enjoy it and dont worry what other people think. If you've made a mistake then return the device or learn to make more informed decisions like going to the apple store and playing with the iPad 2 until you're convinced its right or wrong for you.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Now I know they are a better device but when I say regret is, are you getting the use out this device that you couldn't with iPad 1? Are you using the cameras, the gyro, are you using apps you couldn't run well on an Ipad?

Let me know be nice to see if everyone is making the most out of their upgrade : )

For me? Not yet but I like the size and that's why I upgraded, I think having a rear camera on such a large device is quite silly personally lol

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

No regrets even though I lost a bit selling my ipad1, but it's the price of being on the cutting edge. Thinner and faster were really the only things I upgraded for.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Ipad 2 vs iPad 1?

No, the iPad 2 is better. I even had a prototype iPad 3 and sent it back because the 2 was better. Too much android crap in iOS 5 beta they had running on it. ;)

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
No regrets here. Upgraded to the iPad 2 on 5/13. I use both my iPad 1 and 2, but the difference in speed between the two is noticeable. I basically use the 1 for "at home" and the 2 for travelling.

Love both of them...but the 2 is definitely an upgrade.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I got the ipad1 on release day and the ipad2 from an Apple store as soon as was possible after release in the UK.
No regrets. I went from a 16gb wifi only to 32gb with 3g and that was a good move. 16gb was too little and not having 3g was a pain sometimes.
I don't use any of the additional features much but the forward facing camera has proved to be useful occasionally. Extra performance, slimmer form and slightly lighter are all nice to have.
The ipad1 is back in it's box ready to go on ebay when i can be bothered with the hassle. I chickened out once before and ended the listing early when i first got the ipad2 as I still like the old one!

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
I came into it knowing what I was upgrading for.

I got a thinner form factor, a much faster CPU and a MUCCHH faster GPU.

Well worth the upgrade IMHO.

The cameras and gyro (and for me, 3g/GPS) were bonuses.

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
I believe there probably are some. But no one would admit to it here. Reasons might be expense and hassle of trade-up not worth modest improvements. But this is my opinion.

MsMerryMac

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Glad to see this question and the pretty much unanimous responses of little to no regret. When I upgraded my iPod touch last year, I did actually regret it because I didn't use the camera much and it didn't do much that the old one did for my use. But I have been thinking of upgrading my iPad and now think it might be worth it - I use it almost as much as my MBP, though can't imagine I would use the camera. Thanks for the thread!

syc23

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
Asking iPad 2 owners that question is like asking Bin Laden if he liked USA. You know what the answer is going to be.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I can't wait to get my iPad 2..of course I will be MUCH happier once it will be jailbroken but I don't mind waiting. I already have a jailbroken iPad 1st Gen and will be selling it the second the iPad 2 gets jailbroken..I ordered mine in white, it just looks SO awesome, faster, better screen, a camera..what's not to love but yes having it jailbroken just makes it even better!

Darkfox3889

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2010
Nah, I'm waiting it out for the 3. The iPad 2 seems like more of an interim upgrade

Same here. I bought an iPad 2 on launch day as my first iPad. I couldn't resist the refurb pricing on the original iPad, so I ended up selling the iPad 2 and sticking with the first generation. I don't game much so the experience has been nearly identical between the two devices for me. Wasn't worth an extra $200. =P

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I believe there probably are some. But no one would admit to it here.

Disagree. It would be exceedingly easy to sell an iPad 2 anywhere nowadays, so if somebody DID have regret (but not admit it, as you claim), why would they keep it?

It's not like anybody is STUCK with one, considering people are STILL lining up to purchase, and iPad 2s on Craigslist and eBay are snapped up in an instant.

xelaetaks

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
Im really happy with my iPad 2. The cameras not that great but it actually is nice to have the option to mess around with it sometimes and i like the faster speeds and memory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.