iPad Anyone upgrading from Air to Air 2 or wait for the rumored 12" model in Q1/Q2 2015?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jpiszcz, Oct 16, 2014.

  1. jpiszcz macrumors regular

    Mar 28, 2010
  2. bpeeps macrumors 68030


    May 6, 2011
    I'm going to wait regardless, because I have an Air and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'd like to see if they introduce a Pro model and what features it might hold.
  3. ada-lovelace macrumors newbie

    Nov 6, 2013
    Still waiting for confirmation wrt memory: will upgrade my air to air 2 if (1) A8X - confirmed and (2) 2gb memory
  4. Gix1k macrumors 68030


    Jun 16, 2008
  5. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a


    Sep 15, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I really cant stand the 1GB issues, one of the reasons I sold my iPad Air last month, I don't see my self upgrading if it only has 1GB ram, will just wait till next year maybe with the iPad 7 or iPad Air 3.
  6. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

    May 25, 2009
    No one has said it has 1 GB. All of the leaks point towards 2 GB, and we know the chipset is unique to the iPad. Is it just pessimism?

    I personally will go with the Air even with the Pro on the horizon. I walk around with my iPad at work and the Air is the perfect size and weight for that.
  7. tekchic macrumors 65816


    Apr 19, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have an Air and I'm kinda waiting it out. I'd like to see what the "Pro" will be like next year.

    Also curious to know if the Air 2 will have 2gb of RAM, and how well stylii (bluetooth pressure sensitive type) will work on the new screen. No preorder for me this time around.
  8. lulla01 macrumors 68020


    Jul 13, 2007
  9. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502a


    Aug 27, 2005
    I've just put my 64gb cellular Air on eBay because I'm not using the cellular these days and would happily trade that functionality for the improved screen and reduced weight of the Air 2 - so will be buying a 64gb WiFi only next week (I don't think there's a need to pre-order, they're not going to sell out like the phones do).
  10. mrsean macrumors newbie

    Nov 1, 2013
    I have the Air but I definitely waiting to see what the Pro is like before even considering Air 2.
  11. macduke macrumors G3


    Jun 27, 2007
    Central U.S.
    I've got a Mini 2 but my wife wants an iPad and I got a 6 Plus which is close in size so if the Air 2 has more RAM then I'll probably get it. But I'm still kinda on the fence because of the potential Pro model. The rumored 12.9" size seems too big for me though, so an A8X and 2GB of RAM in the Air 2 might be enough to sway me since I now have a pressure sensitive stylus.
  12. Mr.C macrumors 601

    Apr 3, 2011
    London, UK.
    I have the iPad Air and I've preordered the iPad Air 2. I don't see the point in buying a 12" ipad. If you're going to do that you might as well get a MacBook Air. I got an iPad because it's smaller then then a laptop, weighs less and the battery lasts longer. It also does most of what I need to do on a daily basis from a "computer" device. My 1st generation MacBook Air has hardly been used since I got the original 1st generation iPad. Weight, size and battery life are all important to me.
  13. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

    Aug 12, 2014
    I went ahead and upgraded from the Air to the Air 2. I think it will make a nice companion for my iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
  14. christophermdia macrumors 6502a


    Sep 28, 2008
    I bought my air on AT&T next, I'm waiting till they have the 128 space gray in stock locally till I trade to an iPad air 2.
  15. scupking macrumors 6502a

    Dec 14, 2010
    I have no interest in a 12.9" tablet so I bought an air 2. Even the air is just a little to big and if they would shrink the bezels a little it would be perfect!
  16. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

    Newtons Apple

    Mar 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Until, Aplle gets off it's "thin is better" policy, I can not see how the glass could not be getting thinner and thinner.

    I bet it will not be a day after the Air 2 delivery before we will get our first bent Air 2 in this forum.
  17. Nhwhazup macrumors 68020


    Sep 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have the Air and am not enticed by the 2. Not enough of an upgrade for me.

Share This Page