Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I haven't been able to play any videos on the showtime anytime app. Since I rarely used it before I am not sure if its a Beta issue or something with my phone, or the app itself. (I'm on beta 4 on 7 plus)

I am a subscriber and logged in succesfuly with my cable providers credentials
I tried streaming several different movies and shows.. on Wifi and on LTE
I downloaded a few movies and shows for offline viewing

No matter what I do I get the following error: Video playback failed - please try again later

Oh and i uninstalled the app and re-installed it and rebooted my phone.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I haven't been able to play any videos on the showtime anytime app. Since I rarely used it before I am not sure if its a Beta issue or something with my phone, or the app itself. (I'm on beta 4 on 7 plus)

I am a subscriber and logged in succesfuly with my cable providers credentials
I tried streaming several different movies and shows.. on Wifi and on LTE
I downloaded a few movies and shows for offline viewing

No matter what I do I get the following error: Video playback failed - please try again later

Oh and i uninstalled the app and re-installed it and rebooted my phone.

Same here...and I didn't run it before either. Was just trying to re-watch Twin Peaks and it says video won't load or something...

Reactions: bigjnyc

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
ugh still down with beta 5... I guess we shall wait for showtime to issue an update to address it.

Ant2369

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Connecticut
Apparently still not working. Wow this sucks. Leaving for Vegas in two days and trying to download stuff for the flight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.