Anyone use the Zagg invisibleSHEILD on their Macbook unibody?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Imola Ghost, May 17, 2009.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

2. John01021988 macrumors 6502

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I was thinking about it at least for the top lid and the palm rest. I'm not too concerned about the bottom or sides.

4. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

5. Vonswanko macrumors regular

I got one from BSE( best skins ever) mainly to add some traction to the slippery aluminum. Every time I was putting it in my bag, I felt like it was going to slip out of my hand. The fit was great and not to hard to apply. I say go for it.

6. BlackLight macrumors regular

BlackLight

i've have mine for almost six months now and it's one of the best decisions i made to protect my brand new macbook. reasons i got it are : macbook is brand new:), protection from scratched from my bag or when i clean it, people who touches it, where i place it and it was soo sleepry.

Now that i got it, it's awesome ..my macbook looks great and is protected to the max(trust me i've tested it with my keys)...it was my first time using invisible shield and i did a good job..i did't install it on the trackpad because the traction was terrible.

So i definitely think you should get it ..you will not be disappointing

7. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

I have BSE on my unibody. It's almost 1/2 the price of the IS and does the same thing.

I used an IS on my black macbook and it protected it the same as the BSE on my unibody.

$30 BSE > $60 IS

8. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

Just to let you know, Zagg.com has a 50% off sitewide coupon memday09. Shipping is $3 flat rate on your entire order.

IS is a bit thicker than BSE. But since they're both $30 shipped, the choice is yours.

9. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks I called them and gave them the coupon code. I was credited like $27 bucks!!!!!!

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

11. rmb7984 macrumors regular

rmb7984

Thanks for the code! I've been on the fence about buying this. Just saw this post and tried the code and it still worked! Purchased it right away!

12. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I have the invisibleSHIELD on my MacBook Pro. I also had it on my previous model. The IS covers a lot more on the current unibody models than it did on the old models. There is some coverage of the sides of the machine in addition to the top, bottom and inside. I put it on all the pieces minus the ones that go on the wristrest area and touchpad. I instead opted to put a Moshi palmguard over those areas, along with a Moshi clearguard on the keyboard. (The invisibleSHIELD does not come with keyboard protection as to not confuse anyone.)

13. harry454 macrumors 6502

Yes the invisible shields work very well have on on my iPhone

14. JaySC macrumors member

Show off! Haha, good to know about the trackpad, thanks! I've been following this as well, my comments are:

Thanks for the coupon code.

I now have enough belief in IS to purchase. Just might do it tonight.

Thanks all. Mac on. That's corny.

15. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I'm not too keen on shields. I mean for the price they're sold at, it seems they are just a little overrated. To me a sleeve would do a better job (protection wise).