Anyone used gMusic app on iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Dec 20, 2012.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Anyone used gMusic app on an iPhone 5? It's for Google Music in the cloud.

I've virtually got all my music up to Goole cloud, and its free to stream. I've bought it for my ipad 2 and it seems fine. I have an S3 at mo, but may get an iphone 5 and so specifically want o know if it works fine over 3G (I'm in UK)

Cheers

2. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Streaming eats up so much data, though. Sometimes I'm convinced that downloading mp3 files is a lot more efficient in the wallet. Plus, you can always shuffle the songs you keep on your device -- after all, how much music can you listen to in one day? :D

But no, I've never tried it.

3. JBryan84 macrumors regular

I have the app and use it occasionally if I want to listen to a specific song I may not have stored on my phone. I recently signed up for Spotify Premium and now using it almost all the time. gMusic app works fine over 3G and LTE but like previous poster said it will eat up data. I have unlimited data since I payed full price for my iPhone 5. The music sound quality of gMusic streaming vs locally stored music on iPhone and even the Spotify streaming which is 320kbit is noticeable. Does not sound nearly as good in my car streaming from gMusic vs Spotify or music stored on phone. Hope that helps.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm on an unlimited data 3G plan in UK though so that doesn't bother me :)
    It just means I only need a couple of albums on my phone locally, the rest is there for me in cloud, you can also download the to phone via gMusic app if required to though.

I want to make a decision on what Gb iPhone to get, a 16Gb or 32Gb, but also wether this app works smooth on iPhone to.

Cheers

5. isephmusic macrumors 6502

i always get the smallest gig local storage phones. had an htc one x and android + google worked so well together i miss it almost. at least all my contacts mail and notes are all synced to icloud now. basically in google voice u put all the music from your dekstop on it and acess it at any time. in urban areas the 4g is so fast its almost like playing right from local storage ! and it also saves a bit of cache so some songs even play offline.

google music was one reason i almost didint switch over from android it was SUCH a good feature, going to try it on my new iphone 5 tomorow