Anyone using iPhone 4s on Sprint near Philadelphia,PA?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quickmac, Jun 15, 2012.

1. quickmac macrumors 6502

I recently signed up with Sprint and ordered the iPhone 4s. Had T-Mobile for nearly a decade but their customer service and plan value has gone down over the past 2 years. And recently one line on my account consistently goes over and costs a lot in overages (and upgrading to a bigger plan would cost too much as I had been grandfathered in on a great deal).

Anyways I keep reading all these people complaining about Sprint's slow data speeds (and IMO I chalk it up to offering unlimited data while offering the iPhone, I'd expect Sprint over time to improve this).

But those of you using iPhones on Sprint's network in Philadelphia overall what is the experience like?

With T-Mobile I was getting 3G downtown and 2G further north outside the city. Honestly I'd rather have unlimited data then blazing fast speeds I'd go over and have to pay extra on top for overages.

2. quickmac thread starter macrumors 6502

3. efp722 macrumors regular

I live about 30 miles nw of the city and I am constantly up and down the 422 corridor. Speeds are really bad. I usually average about .01 mb- 1mb down and basically the same for uploads. Yes it sucks, but i am cool with using wifi at home work and school.

id rather have the cheaper unlimited plan with the slower speeds. I just can't wait till Sprint launches its LTE network around here.

4. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Sprint is pretty good in Philly. I haven't heard anything negative about their service.. just their crappy customer service. I don't know about the 4S but I know about the 4 and the EVO. Just try it for the thirty days, if it's not the speeds you desire, return it.

5. efp722 macrumors regular

You no longer have 30 days. Sprint changed it to 14 days last fall.